Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

frank can i give you my entry at area 3 thanks matt

Yes... thanks for asking.

For those that don't know, I will be at Area 3 working the match. I'll have copies of the registration form with me, and you can sign up for the match there if you like.

I don't know where I'll be yet, but due to my back problems of late, I'll be either on Chrono, or one of the two non-movement stages.

The only thing I'll ask is that we do this business AFTER your squad has shot my stage, so I can concentrate on getting you through the stage first. I don't want to slow down squads. :cheers:

Frank

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread kind of reminds me of traveling thru southern Minnesota when you see a sign for Wal Drug South Dakota some 250 miles away from the place. You end up seeing so many of those signs along the way that you feel compelled to just go because you feel as though you already know the place. Anyone who has been thru South Dakota along I-90 understands what I mean. I think it is funny. Love the way Frank just pops this thread back up every now and again as a friendly reminder to us all. Good Job Frank!

I want to go to this match pretty darn bad and I'm trying to convince myself I need to go since I've been lurking on this thread for so long.....

I like the idea of the extended deadline! That helps delay the whole process for me.

It's only 350miles for me. Not like its a long drive or anything....

My class would be recognized as well, M in open or will I shoot in limited division? HMMMM. Sorry for rambling, just typing those random thoughts that are going thru my head. Would be a great tune up match for nationals. Go to the match, or stay home and spend a romantic weekend with my wife? Things that make you go HMMMM.

Steven, go to the match with your best friend and have a not-so romantic weekend. Cat will forgive you. (some day) At least both of our wives will be mad at us at the same time. :roflol: Together We Stand, Divided We Fall.

Dang Frank, USPSA is going to make this match a classifier if you have any more GM's show up...good job!! Your matches are always fun.

Dale

I think Limited and Open divisions are probably going to be classifiers... 3GM, 3M in limited, and 1GM, 5M in open.

But I can't speak for USPSA... :roflol:

Frank

Starting to fill up fast. We're now up to 133 competitors.

Sunday is filling up twice as fast as Saturday. Based on what was on the applications, I have the following number of competitors and slots (meaning that I haven't compared the entry forms to the online registration yet)...

Friday - 35 competitors - Staff day - If this is the only day you can shoot, I should be able to squeeze you in. Probably about 8 more is all.

Saturday - 35 competitors - 65 slots still open.

Sunday - 63 competitors - 25 slots still open (2 slots are reserved for class registrants).

First come, first served on the slots. It's online squadding.

Frank

Frank, do you still have room to accept ammo shipments? I want to ship mine over there but if you have too much already, I can just bring it with me.

Thanks,

Dale

I'm sure he does Dale, but if for some reason not, you can ship it to me.

JT

Frank, do you still have room to accept ammo shipments? I want to ship mine over there but if you have too much already, I can just bring it with me.

Thanks,

Dale

Sorry Dale... I've been at Area 3 since Wednesday afternoon.

Yes... I can still take shipments. I've got room enough to take a shipment from every registered competitor if I had to :cheers:

bTW... after adding the entry's I've received since I've been gone, we're now up to 141 competitors... 7 more and it'll be the largest Illinois Sectional in recent history. :ph34r:

Frank

Here are todays latest numbers (I've started to compare the online registration numbers with the registration forms...

As of today we have 144 competitors

Per the registration forms:

Friday - 35

Saturday - 36

Sunday - 69

Did Not Mark - 1

Per the lastest online squadding update:

Unsquadded - 23

Friday - 34

Saturday - 32

Sunday - 55

Division Breakdown (If underlined, that division/class currently qualifies for a plaque and inclusion on the award schedule):

Production (43): 1GM, 1M, 2A, 12B, 16C, 5D, 6U

Limited (38): 3GM, 5M, 7A, 9B, 10C, 2D, 2U

Open (26): 1GM, 5M, 3A, 7B, 6C, 1D, 3U

Single Stack (12): 2A, 3B, 10C, 3D, 2U

Limited 10 (12): 1GM, 1M, 2B, 7C, 1D

Revolver (5): 1M, 1B, 3C

Frank

Question: What is the cutoff for Production A awards? It isn't underlined, but I am nearly certain (unless I can't attend or totally tank this weekend's classifier) that I will be shooting in A, and not my current B, for this match (knocking on wood).

Just a little reminder... only 10 days left until the late entry deadline.

In case you have an older sheet that says August 1st... the late entry deadline has been pushed back to August 15th due to the genoerosity of our caterer (Hy-Vee), t-shirt printer (AB Screen) and awards printer (Manny USA).

Frank

Entry.pdf

I suppose I should put it up, since I was just asked... and I said I would :roflol:

The prizes will be awarded as follows:

Major prizes will be awarded on a pre-determined schedule based on entries (5 in a division, 5 in a category, 3 in a class to be eligible). The list will be published at the start of the match. Basically... if win production, you'll get this... if you win open C, you'll get that... ect.

Minor prizes will be awarded at registration.

This (I believe) does three things. It awards performance, keeps the Friday and Saturday shooters from getting screwed, and we all don't have to wait around an hour to start the prize table.

If you are not present, you're prize will be shipped.

Frank

Got 4 more entries today... that puts us at 147, which ties us for the largest Illinois Sectional on record... I wanna crush it.

I hope my section coordinator doesn't get the idea that I'll do it EVERY year... :ph34r:

BTW... to those on my waiting list that I e-mailed about the open RO spot... it has just been filled. Sorry :surprise:

Frank

We've made 150 :cheers: Got 4 more registrations yesterday... we're up to 151 competitors.

Just to let everyman know... Sunday is filling up fast... as of this morning, there are only 21 open slots left on Sunday.

There are plenty left on Saturday (60 open slots as of this morning).

There are also 3 unsquadded persons... so they'll eat up some of those slots.

If you need it... I still have 7 or 8 Friday slots I can give out. Just pop me an e-mail before you send in your registration.

Frank

milanuspsa@gmail.com

http://milanpracticalshooting.com

The only change I MIGHT make is to put the chrono in the same bay as the classifier... i.e. shoot the classifier, then the whole squad moves to chrono.

Reason being... El Pres should only take about 15 minutes for the whole squad to shoot... it'll keep that squad from catching up with the next group.

Plus... we'll get out of there a little quicker I think.

Frnak

OK... I promise I won't do another update for at least 4 hours :roflol:

The final version of the web matchbook is available on our website: http://milanpracticalshooting.com

Here is the final list of sponsors. The matchbook is going to the printer today.

Match Sponsor:

Shooting Sports Unlimited

Stage Sponsors

Stage 1 - Springfield Armory

Stage 2 - Canyon Creek - An Enos Vender Tent Vendor

Stage 3 - Black Bullets International

Stage 4 - Rock River Arms

Stage 5 - Detonics

Stage 6 - Montana Gold

Stage 7 - Brownells - An Enos Vendor Tent Vendor

Stage 8 - Springfield Armory

Stage 9 - Quinn Manufacturing - An Enos Vendor Tent Vendor

Stage 10 - Double Impact Training

Chronograph Sponsor

Competition Electronics

Gold Sponsors

BrianEnos.com - Our most awesome forum host

Shooters Connection - An Enos Vendor Tent Vendor

STI International

Starline Brass

Silver Sponsors

Red Dot Shooting

MannyUSA

Joe's Custom Concepts

Bronze Sponsors

Para USA

Lee Precision

Wilson Combat

Midway USA

The following sponsors and businesses have said they will be setting up in the vendor area: Yes... you can buy sell and trade :cheers:

Shooting Sports Unlimited (Our match sponsor and Illinois FFL)

Canyon Creek Custom

Black Bullets International

Rock River Arms

Detonics

Quinn Manufacturing (He's not setting up per se... but will have mounts available at on of the other tables)

M&M Pawnbrokers (Our Iowa FFL)

Just a quick little update...

1. There is less than a week left until the late entry deadline. Entries postmarked on or before August 15th (this Saturday) receive the low low price of $75 ($50 for juniors), plus a match T-shirt. Entries postmarked after August 15th (and walk-ins) are $100 ($75 for juniors), and may not be able to receive a t-shirt. I'll try... but I have to have the numbers to the printer on the 18th. This gives it a few days for the last minute entries to show up.

2. If you did not order lunch... I have to give them my final numbers on the 18th as well. They usually bring about 10 extra meals per day... but I can't guarantee you'll be able to buy a meal on the range. If you want one, e-mail me that you want one, then send your money in. The $8 gets you 2 meats (burgers, dogs, brats), 2 sides, a cookie and a drink. Believe me... once they pull that big ass grill on the range and start cooking... mouth start drooling.

3. We WILL have the chrono going at the sectional. Don't get caught minor (like I did at Area 3... grrr).

4. Firing starts promptly at 8am Saturday and Sunday (9am on Friday). You can register at any of the following...

a. At the range any day prior to your shoot

b. At the range the morning of your shoot (registration people will be there at 6am)

c. At the match hotel the night before your match (6pm to 8pm Friday or Saturday evening)

You don't have to make an appointment to register. Just show up.

It's gonna be a fun match. As of right now, we have 164 competitors, with at least 10 in the mail that I know of. I think we're easily going to reach 175... and we have a chance at breaking 200. It looks like Sunday is close to full (only about 18 slots left as of right now), but Saturday still has plenty of room (something like 50 slots still available). I can even squeeze a few more in on Friday if that is the only day you can shoot.

See y'all at the range.

Frank

Got 9 more entries in the mail today. We've reached 175 competitors. WOOHOO

There are currently 46 slots left for Saturday, and 12 left for Sunday. I can also fit a few more in on Friday, if that's the only day you can shoot.

We've also picked up another open GM. I also hear a rumor about another GM (everyone knows him) that MIGHT be coming, but I haven't received his app yet... so I can't tell you who :ph34r: (ducking the flames)

Here is the current breakdown (realizing that USPSA is in the midst of updating the classifications... and it may change tomorrow)...

The underlined divisions/classes are eligible for plaques....

Limited (50 competitors): 3GM, 6M, 7A, 14B, 15C, 3D, 2U

Production (46 competitors): 1GM, 1M, 2A, 13B, 16C, 7D, 6U

Open (37 competitors): 2GM, 6M, 4A, 9B, 7C, 1D, 3U

Single Stack (27 competitors): 2A, 6B, 11C, 4D, 3U

Limited 10 (12 competitors): 1GM, 1M, 1B, 8C, 2D, 2U

Revolver (7 competitors): 1M, 2B, 3C, 1U

Totals: 7GM, 15M, 16A, 45B, 60C, 17D, 15U

Frank

Edited by Franklin D Wolverton

We've also picked up another open GM. I also hear a rumor about another GM (everyone knows him) that MIGHT be coming, but I haven't received his app yet... so I can't tell you who :ph34r: (ducking the flames)

Flex is shooting the Il Section?