Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Component Hoarders

el pres

Went to Sportmans today !! :surprise::surprise:

The Reload isle had a few boxes of "magnum" primers and about a dozen 1lbs. cans of

unpopular powders ... Ghost town !!

I just want my 3 thousand primers and a jug of powder to shoot !!! :angry2:

What is everybody hoarding for, so you can have like a years worth of shooting and then what ?

They are just delaying the inevitable... Hoarders can just sit on their pile of ammo or maybe shoot

a match or two by themselfs, I'll come out and watch !! :P

Maybe no one will shoot since the hoarders will see how precious their little pile is and wont want to

shoot it... :wacko:

Went to Sportmans today !! :surprise::surprise:

The Reload isle had a few boxes of "magnum" primers and about a dozen 1lbs. cans of

unpopular powders ... Ghost town !!

I just want my 3 thousand primers and a jug of powder to shoot !!! :angry2:

What is everybody hoarding for, so you can have like a years worth of shooting and then what ?

They are just delaying the inevitable... Hoarders can just sit on their pile of ammo or maybe shoot

a match or two by themselfs, I'll come out and watch !! :P

Maybe no one will shoot since the hoarders will see how precious their little pile is and wont want to

shoot it... :wacko:

:roflol:

So... have you not at least "suspected" that just perhaps "something" might happen to put shooting supplies in high demand?

Ya Snooze Ya lose. ;)

Edit to add: If anyone knows where I can get some Small Rifle primers - .223 powder and bullets and where I can find some Solo 100 please PM me....

Edited by Merlin Orr

same thing here in San Antonio, one of the old time gun shops is only selling primers by the box of 100.

The same thing happened back in 1994, my club lost 30% of its shooters to them finding other sports that were easier to fund and find supplies.

I normally buy 60% of what I will need for the next year at this time. And or I buy when I complete a project. now the timeing is not so good for my normal perchase.

THIS is WHY I have started keeping 6 months to a year's supply on hand.... so when everyplace gets sold out for whatever damn reason, I can keep shooting.

I had to switch divisions at one point last year because I ran out of components and things were back-ordered for 6 months. At least if I have enough for 6 months to a year on hand I can keep shooting while my orders are [hopefully] filled.

I don't consider it "hoarding," but rather "resource management." If it were a business would you let your inventory get so dangerously low?

I'm buying at the same rate I was before, but at one point I made a big purchase to stock my "reserve."

-rvb

Edited by rvb

:roflol:

So... have you not at least "suspected" that just perhaps "something" might happen to put shooting supplies in high demand?

Ya Snooze Ya lose. ;)

Edit to add: If anyone knows where I can get some Small Rifle primers - .223 powder and bullets and where I can find some Solo 100 please PM me....

:roflol::roflol: HaHaHa !! I knew I'd get it for this one, the thing is you've got to have funds to hoard and

wish I did a month ago so I could as well !! :P

Edited to add:There is "no" small rifle primers left in the world !!

Edited by DIRTY CHAMBER

I don't consider it "hoarding," but rather "resource management." If it were a business would you let your inventory get so dangerously low?

Excellent choice of words, in the Air Force it was "Inventory Control" and towards the end of the fiscal year we always bought things we knew we would need the following year even if we already had a bunch. I don't consider my inventory to be hoarding just preplanning for leaner days ahead.

Damn perfect storm here. I was running low on everything for loading super comp at the beginning of October. I was planning on a massive buy from Powder Valley but then everything went into the toilet. All sorts of expenses started, and continue, to pile up. From a fiscal perspective, I won't be able to stock up until after New Years. HOPEFULLY the stocks will be back up at the various vendors by then!

I've got enough components for open to last me maybe 2 matches. Then I've got a 50 cal. ammo can full of loaded 45 so I might switch to single stack for awhile. If I deplete all that and they're still not stocked up....I might have to borrow my daughter's recurve bow!! :surprise:

Thomas

I'm in the same boat as trodrig. I normally make a big order around this time of year to pretty much set me up for the next season. Shot, bullets, primers, powder, wads. All of it.

But my house and reloading bench got destroyed in Gustave so I haven't done any reloading. Can't order due to having no place to put it. I'm looking at maybe January before I'm back in the saddle and geez, all the reloading components have dried up.

I've got maybe 3 months of components stocked so maybe I can wait this one out.

Edited to add:There is "no" small rifle primers left in the world !!

Sure there are......But I bought them this weekend!

Sorry, I couldn't resist :)

Seriously, if Obama's promised 500% tax on guns and ammo includes components then supply will cease to be an issue very quickly.