Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mattress - Temper-pedic, Sleep Number, etc?

Of all the things to find in a gun forum! But I'll add my plug for the Tempur-Pedic. My wife and I have had ours for 7 yrs, and love it.

On the other hand, my parents tried one out, and ended up returning it after the first 30 days. Just doesn't seem to be for everyone.

• 2 years later...

I know this thread is older, but...

We are looking at the Beautyrest Black, sleep 4 life and some others.

I sweat a lot, so the memory foams really worry me.

Do the sleep number beds have memory foam?

How do they divide between sides? Is there like a wall?

Anyone got any other suggestions?

Get the Beauty Rest Black, you wont be disappointed. almost all comfortable beds now have memory foam. When you do, ask for a cover that protects from liquid. you wont even know its on there and works.

Bought a Sleep Number about 5yrs. ago and have never looked back. Both my wife and I had lowerback pain but after 3or4nights on the Sleep Number

the pain was gone for both of us.I also used to toss and turn all night, but not anymore. Good luck on your choice.

We bought a sleep number bed at after I had been having trouble with my lower back hurting and I will never go back, It is the best sleep I have ever gotten. We also considered a tempurpedic but I did not like the foam, it is rather warm if you are the typr of person who puts off a lot of heat.

My wife and I decided to get a new bed last year after deciding to upgrade to a king. My lower back had started to bother me, and it had never done so in the past. We spent a bunch of time doing research and going to mattress stores to try different mattresses. We thought we were going to get a Tempur-Pedic, but stumbled onto something else in one of the stores. The Tempur-Pedic was nice, but when we tried a Simmons Beautyrest Black Luxury Edition, it was a no-brainer. It's absolutely awesome, my back immediately stopped bothering me and we're both totally thrilled with it.y! R,

My bed is an extra-firm Simmons Beautyrest Luxury (not Black) Edition - it's the best mattress I've ever slept on. Sometimes I'll sleep all night, and wake up in the same position I went to sleep in. It will feel like it will be too firm at first, but once you sleep on it for a bit, it won't "feel" too firm any more.

I also have an American Leather sleeper sofa (custom made to order - all wood construction), which has a Temper-Pedic mattress. While it's nice, I dont' sleep as good or as pain free on it as I do on the Simmons.

be

Simmons comforpedic here. Friends had a tempurpedic and recommend that but when I went to the mattress store and layed down on all the comforpedic was what fit me. I have slept on a sleep number but it was too warm for me.

The Simmons is suppose to have a better air flow....yada yada. After pretty much deciding what bed I liked my wife went in and ask the sales man what mattress he had at home and it was a comforpedic.

Hate going to hotels. Whatever mattress you decide on if it is good it ruins being on the road.