Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

G35 observations

SRT Driver

I just picked up a G35 with the US produced frame and noticed a few things.

The locking block looks like it's MIM.

The backstrap channel is slightly undersized..Dawson magwell does not fit. Break out the belt sander!!

Barrel lock up is good

Trigger is 3.25 lbs measured at the tip. A little polish and it should be fine.

10 round mags are hit or miss to drop free..hicaps are fine.

As a Glock 35 USPSA shooter for the past year I agree with your observations. It is a gun you will come to respect the more you shoot it. I had problems with 10 rounders too. Check to see if your slide release is pushing down positively on your mag followers. Silicone the magwell and the mag bodies to give them every chance to pop out. Good luck.

Not to be stupid but, how do you know it is a US produced frame vs any other?

One reason I ask is that I got a Seattle Slug to use for Limited and had to grind the hell out of it to get it to fit in the backstrap. Got me wondering if there had been a change in the design or what.

One reason I ask is that I got a Seattle Slug to use for Limited and had to grind the hell out of it to get it to fit in the backstrap. Got me wondering if there had been a change in the design or what.

The original non US frames actually say "Made in Austria" and then Glock Smyerna(SP?) GA in two lines on the right of the frame.

US frames do not say Made in Austria. Think only the G17/22/34/35 frames are US made.

T

:goof:

+2 on the frame markings.

I've been shooting an old production G34 in Limited to test the setup for some time and wanted to use the same components with a major caliber (magwell, sights, basepads but not necessarily the trigger). Too bad it will take some modification. I thought the magwell would fit since the key lock has been dropped but I guess not.

I have a G34 and 2 G35s made in Austria along with a G35, G34 and G17 made in Smyrna. I can pick up each and tell you where they were made.

Hmmm, that is interesting. You would think they would be identical.

T

It's marked on the frame where they are made, as per BATF rules.

The frame is now being made in Smyrna too.

Edited by RePete