Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Matches near the 2009 SHOT Show?

Chris Rhines

I just confirmed my reservations for the 2009 SHOT Show in Orlando, January 14-18. In keeping with the theme of the trip, I'd like to shoot a local match (or two?) while I'm down there. I see that there are Friday night matches with the Gulf Coast Lead Slingers in Clearwater, and a Saturday USPSA match at PPS in Brooksville. Are there any other matches I should check out? Steel, even multigun?

Thanks,

Chris

• 5 weeks later...

I found one on the 17th 68 miles due west of Orlando in Brooksville Florida .

Phoenix Gun Club is having one on the 17th.

http://www.phoenixgunclub.com/January2009.htm

There is also one on the 18th in Ruskin Florida which is 98 miles SouthWest of Orlando.

http://tbspc.org/

The match in Brooksville looks like it's going to be the one we try to make. I know there will be at least 4 of us in our group so anyone that wants to link up and ride over let me know.

I've emailed the folks at the club to get more information.

The St. Augustine Practical Shooting Association hosts their monthly match on the third Saturday of the month. For Jan 09 it will be on the 17th. Come by and shoot with us.

But Nemo, Phoenix is half the distance closer. :(

Ahh but St. Augustine features the likes of Nemo, Fireant, Big Guy, Kenny D, Stevie B and yours truly. Just think how happy you'll be after you kick our butts. :rolleyes:

I found one on the 17th 68 miles due west of Orlando in Brooksville Florida .

Phoenix Gun Club is having one on the 17th.

http://www.phoenixgunclub.com/January2009.htm

There is also one on the 18th in Ruskin Florida which is 98 miles SouthWest of Orlando.

http://tbspc.org/

The match in Brooksville looks like it's going to be the one we try to make. I know there will be at least 4 of us in our group so anyone that wants to link up and ride over let me know.

I've emailed the folks at the club to get more information.

I am guessing this is an a.m. match? I'll be stuck at the booth, but it sure would be nice to shoot without 12" of snow under you!!

Adios,

TG

I am with Travis...this snow is driving me crazy! We have our USPSA indoor match on the 4th of January here in Shelton just before Robert Wright and I start on the 9th of January the long "drive" to Orlando...pray for us and the weather!

Our best date is the 11th to get some shooting in before the show. Of course we will be in LA about then coming across I 10. Like Travis we will be locked down to the booth until the show ends.

Sincerely,

Scott

You guys are making this tough!

I'd much rather be shooting with Enoverse people.

SAPSA is 104 miles (or so, can't tell as they don't have an address posted) North of Orlando.

Brooksville is about 67 or so miles due West. Travel time to both is about equal.

How many stages does SAPSA put on and is there a classifier stage in there?

SAPSA is 104 miles (or so, can't tell as they don't have an address posted) North of Orlando.

Brooksville is about 67 or so miles due West. Travel time to both is about equal.

Almost always 5 stages including a classifier. As of late, one is usually a 40+ round field course.

If anyone is driving down I-75 and passing by Gainesville (2 hours north of Orlando) during daylight hours let me know. We may be able to schedule an enjoyable couple of hours of outdoor runnin' and gunnin' practice at the local range here.

Edited by XD Niner

Almost always 5 stages including a classifier. As of late, one is usually a 40+ round field course.

If anyone is driving down I-75 and passing by Gainesville (2 hours north of Orlando) during daylight hours let me know. We may be able to schedule an enjoyable couple of hours of outdoor runnin' and gunnin' practice at the local range here.

I might be in for a stop on Sunday on the way home!

The St. Augustine Practical Shooting Association hosts their monthly match on the third Saturday of the month. For Jan 09 it will be on the 17th. Come by and shoot with us.

Ok there will be at least 4 of us coming up to shoot the SAPSA match on the 17th. What time does shooting start? Anybody have an address I can put in my GPS? Is it 5 stages + classifier or 5 stages with the classifier?

Thanks!

That's terrific! We'll be glad to have you join us.

The match is normally five stages including the classifier. Sign up starts around 9:00 with the walk through starting around 9:45 and shooting right at about 10:00. There are drinks for purchase (Gatorade and water) so no need to bring any if you don't want to. There is no food, however, there are several restaurants at the I-95 exit for after the match.

Just head east (northeast ) on I-4 to I-95. Take I-95 north to the last St. Augustine exit which is exit 318. This is State Road 16 and there are two large outlet malls at this exit. Turn right at the bottom of the ramp and head East on SR 16 less than a quarter mile. You'll goth through one set of lights and then turn north on Inman road which is near the Holiday Inn Express and opposite the Subway. Go about a half mile through a commercial park (you'll know you're on the right road when you pass the Budweiser distributor with a beer keg for a mailbox) to the end of the paved road. When the pavement ends continue on dirt road about an eighth of a mile. Turn right into the range and then left to the front of the building which is where the sign up is located. The actual range is through the second gate and you can park there and then walk back to the building if you'd prefer.

I have a bright blue Tundra pickup so look me up when you get there.

Kent

Edited by XD Niner