Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Steve Anderson's Caspian

Flexmoney

Does anyone recognize whose mag release is on my open gun?

You can see it best in the best in the bottom two pics... need to find another one for a limited gun...I know it's lame not to know, but I love that mag button and have not seen another like it in my searches.

It's extended but not oversized, checkered, not drilled or tapped.

Thanks,

SA

Steve,

The mag release is a Caspian, I have a couple on my Caspians. Don't know if they are still making them the same way or if the new ones are shorter. Give Gary at Caspian a cal and see if he can hook you up.

Alan

If not the Caspian release, I think an extended (tactical?) Ed Brown would work?  (for a Limited S_I, right?)

Steve,

this is the item Flex refers to:

855-e.jpg

and this is the description on their website:

This part is identical to our Standard Magazine Release, except the button is extended an additional .060 for easier reach and faster magazine changes.

Too bad Ed Brown website lists it blue or SS but only for singlestacks and Paras. :(

This one is from Bill Wilson:

31T_tacmagrelease.jpg

Description:

If you're looking for a magazine release that extends slightly further than your factory release, but you don't want a button or paddle, try our Tactical Magazine Release which extends only 1/16 of an inch further than your factory release.

The Fit list doesn't include Caspian Hicaps... :(

Last, this one is from Chip MC Cormick:

80034_lg.jpg

Description:

Extended .060" foreasier access without increasing the risk of inadvertently dropping the magazine during live fire. Button head is checkered for positive engagement and all edges radiused for carry comfort.

They don't sport a fit list... :huh:

Hope this helps.

• 4 years later...
"This is my Caspian. There are many like it but this one is mine. My Caspian is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my Caspian is useless. Without my Caspian, I am useless."

B)

I was looking for something else that Travis had posted in the past. I found this along the way. I thought it was cool and worth a bump to the top of the forum B)

"This is my Caspian. There are many like it but this one is mine. My Caspian is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my Caspian is useless. Without my Caspian, I am useless."

B)

I was looking for something else that Travis had posted in the past. I found this along the way. I thought it was cool and worth a bump to the top of the forum B)

good one..

Why is Steve's gun doin' "it" with ur Glock slide Flex?

That's gonna be one ugly baby!

A - Duuuude...your freakin' gun is BLUE !

B - That gun will run so reliably...and shoot so many Alpahs...that the shooter won't even have to show up to run it.

C - Pick one and practice.

D - Seriously, dude...your freakin' gun is blue.

E - Clamato sucks.

• 2 years later...

I think I know why this reappeared. I think someone is trying to send me a not-so-subtle message. :)

Here she is in her current state...

I was showing her to a buddy in the spring and he found a hairline crack in the slide. It could be that 100,000 or so rds with an 8lb recoil spring is not ideal.

Caspian was great about it, they gave me half off on a warranty claim. Now I just need some disposable cash to get it fitted and put back together. I tried to hammer it on with a rubber mallet and some astro-glide and gave up pretty quick. :)

I can't say enough great things about this gun. I have had maybe 3 jams that were not ammo related and those were traced to extractor issues. It ran a whole season with a busted ejector just sitting there in the frame.

Chris Tilley once said, "You just pick your mags up off the ground and reload them without cleaning them?"

Why would I clean them? It's a Caspian!

He also said it was the worst trigger he's ever felt. (I guess he doesn't shoot many Glocks! :) ) Tee-hee.

I'm a little worried that the new slide will be too pretty and make her all self-conscious. Maybe I'll order a little pre-emptive rust when she eventually gets fitted. I don't trust pretty guns.

post-1937-0-61926300-1313502623_thumb.jp