Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

08GA

JimInFL

I shot my first major match at Georgia last month. I now have a score listed in my classifiers as 08GA. (along with the Mini-Mart which of course is just a normal classifier). I checked with a friend that shot the match with us, and he has it too. Understand - i'm not complaining because everything together bumped me to 'C', and I was working on that.

But what is it ?

JimInFL

I shot my first major match at Georgia last month. I now have a score listed in my classifiers as 08GA. (along with the Mini-Mart which of course is just a normal classifier). I checked with a friend that shot the match with us, and he has it too. Understand - i'm not complaining because everything together bumped me to 'C', and I was working on that.

But what is it ?

JimInFL

I shot both the GA and NC state matches, but don't have any special classifier scores. Does that mean my scores aren't good enough to make the cut?

It depends on the division and # of GM's. For example, if you shot L-10 where there were only 10 shooters and none were GM's, I do not think the scores will be entered as classifiers. I think the division needs at least 3 GMs.

Edited by warpspeed

It depends on the division and # of GM's. For example, if you shot L-10 where there were only 10 shooters and none were GM's, I do not think the scores will be entered as classifiers. I think the division needs at least 3 GMs.

I shot SS, no GM's at either match. That explains it.

Thanks,

I think there are 3 conditions:

1. There has to be 3 GM's shooting that division.
  2. They have to shoot GM-level scores.
  3. The MD has to check a box on the match application to USPSA indicating they wish to have the match count as a classifier if 1 and 2 are met.