Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

European Championship IPSC Rifle 2009

Just to let shooters not visiting IPSC Global Village know.

Preliminary dates:

Pre-match: 7-10 july

Main-match: 13-17 july.

The Plan says Four days of shooting for the competitor.

more info should appear in:

http://ipsc.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=7999

Hope to see the best riflemen in Norway!

t tommi

Edited by tverho

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jack T is saying that you and I bad mouth USPSA and then expect them to give us an app.. He is forgetting that you and I have represented the USA and USPSA in several overseas adventures without any support from USPSA AND we are PAID members of USPSA which gives us certain "benifits" of membership, AND he is certainly unaware that Mike and I go back quite a ways and I consider Mike a friend. Outside of that He really doesn't have a point except to make you and I mad, but I digress, How do we go about an entry for this match again? Kurt Miller

Couple pictures of the area.

Those 4 persons on one picture are from right to left; Mikael (3rd place on the NRM08 open division), Mika (2nd place standard diviosion), Me (30th place on open division) and my wife Paula (winner of the lady category open division)

Mika and Mikael visited your USPSA National 3gun match couple weeks ago.

Hope to see you guys at ERC 2009 match next year at Norway.

post-5429-1226861190_thumb.jpg

post-5429-1226861271_thumb.jpg

post-5429-1226861302_thumb.jpg

"Jack T is saying that you and I bad mouth USPSA and then expect them to give us an app.. He is forgetting that you and I have represented the USA and USPSA in several overseas adventures without any support from USPSA AND we are PAID members of USPSA which gives us certain "benifits" of membership, AND he is certainly unaware that Mike and I go back quite a ways and I consider Mike a friend. Outside of that He really doesn't have a point except to make you and I mad, but I digress, How do we go about an entry for this match again? Kurt Miller"

Kurt...I think you mean "I digest"????

Cheryl :)

Edited by ccur

I thought that was what I had read, :rolleyes: Jack,........I have no problem with your opinion, and as my PM stated if I read what you posted wrong, I apologize. But the way Kurt took it is exactly the way I took it. My opinion of USPSA and the way It appears to handle things as an association, regarding 3 gun and multigun have nothing whatsoever to do with Dave or Mike, whom I have a good deal of respect for, and anyone my dog doesn't want to bite is OK in my book. So far he's only been irritated by one person, and they have nothing to do with me getting a slot to shoot this match.

So lets see how many Americans we can get to show up to this match, because some of the Europeans seem to think that they can whup our A$$, and any team we could put together. Lets show them that we can disagree and still get together to kick some BUTT. I know I would really like to share the plane ride over there with a bunch of shooting buddies.

Trapr

So lets see how many Americans we can get to show up to this match, because some of the Europeans seem to think that they can whup our A$$, and any team we could put together.

Trapr

Hi!

I don't know a thing about you getting slots etc. but I have to concur with the above. Team Finland semi auto standard (for short: iron sights, comp yes, bipods no) will certainly whup your precious American A$$ (if you manage to get a team) :P

t tommi

So lets see how many Americans we can get to show up to this match, because some of the Europeans seem to think that they can whup our A$$, and any team we could put together.

Trapr

Hi!

I don't know a thing about you getting slots etc. but I have to concur with the above. Team Finland semi auto standard (for short: iron sights, comp yes, bipods no) will certainly whup your precious American A$$ (if you manage to get a team) :P

t tommi

Tommi, I think you are in trouble because Mika is going to shoot at open class on that match. ;)

AHHH, we are back to this again? First off my A$$ ISN'T "precious", it is big and nasty. Second of all, I have seen "iron sighted" rifles over there, just no iron sight shooters out side of Sver and one guy from Norway, but I can't remember his name sorry. All I saw was a bunch of optic shooters who claim to be able to "kick my a$$. Now that may or may not be true, but I do know this. You will need real BIG boots because it is REAL BIG. Either way I know it will get bigger drinking all that beer when we all get together! :cheers: KurtM

Hi!

t tommi

Well, now I'm definately in! :cheers:

Now that all the other stuff is taken care of, I haven't been called "precious" in 44 and a half years, and I don't think you guys have enough alcohol over there for me to call you that.

But I will say, we will have a most memorable time, if we can remember it after its over.

I'm calling USPSA tomorrow for a slot, and if someone will cover Scouts, First Class ticket he'll come too. :roflol:

Mike!! are you going???????? those 400 yard/meter targets are going to be quite hard with a Shotty?????? if you do make it bring a kitty for Even!!!!!!!!

OK I lied i just got off the phone with USPSA and they thought that slots would come through IPSC and not USPSA. Are you guys saying we need to contact Mike Voight, or USPSA??????????

Trapr

Edited by bigbrowndog

Do you mean that Mike Voight has to make the entry for me?? That is quite a change from the other matches I have shot "over there"! KurtM

Everyone (every country, no exceptions). All level 4 and 5 matches are through the RD's. There is no direct inscription!

All slots are divided on head-count of paying IPSC members (pro-capita) per country.

those 400 yard/meter targets are going to be quite hard with a Shotty??????

assuming the stage designers don't put on their super-evil hats... :devil:

1200m+ ranges are available in the area.

And there have been no definitive word on whether the preliminary dates will stand....

The match officials cant' seem to be bothered to reply yet.

I follow you now. For the E.S.C.s I got the form from the R.D. with his signature at the bottom that indicated I was a member in good standing of my region and then I did all the other work. I got it now. Now I know why USPSA doesn't know about this yet as the M.D. for the Nordic Rifle Championship/Euro Rifle hasn't responded yet. I got it! Do I get two beers for that?? :roflol::cheers: KurtM