Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pre Thanksgiving celebration...

Rocket35

Two weeks before turkey day and they have already put up Christmas decorations on the street lights out here! <_< What is the big hurry?!

Trying to get everybody in the mood to spend their money <_< . I've just about decided everyone will get a nice Christmas card from me this year. (period)

Lowes had Christmas trees out before Halloween and Macy's has been having special "one day" sales every weekend for months :rolleyes:

There is one radio station here that is 100% Christmas music now, have been since the 1st. That is one radio station I will NEVER listen to again if they don't change. Thanks for the reminder, I have forgotten to contact the station until now, will email the programming director and follow with written letters if he/she doesn't repond.

For me, it ruins Christmas. There should be a law that says no Christmas decorations/trees/lights/santa etc. until after Thanksgiving. The first sight of the rotund red dude should be at the end of the Macy's Parade, after which they should show 'Miracle on 34th Street' (the original not the cheesy new one).

Failure to comply should require the application of wooden stocks and the pelting with rotten fruit.

So there.

For me, it ruins Christmas. There should be a law that says no Christmas decorations/trees/lights/santa etc. until after Thanksgiving. The first sight of the rotund red dude should be at the end of the Macy's Parade, after which they should show 'Miracle on 34th Street' (the original not the cheesy new one).

Failure to comply should require the application of wooden stocks and the pelting with rotten fruit.

So there.

Yeah- what he said! :P

"The family across the street put out their decorations the day after Halloween."
So did the local mall's J.C. Penney store! I was just a tad stunned... then quickly ticked off. Christmas has turned into a mob-rule joke. I've long ago reached the point where I seldom participate in it any more anyway. <_<

But I'll see the results in January when our bankruptcy case workload accelerates and balloons reliably at that time. 'Trouble is, I'm on overload with BK cases even NOW--let alone MORE on the way. It's getting insane. :wacko:

I kinda hope people really cut back on senseless Christmas spending this year. Get smart, folks. You're only hurting yourselves. :angry2:

So there.

+ Infinity !!!!!!!

I think the LAW should be a federal one that reads: No Christmas decorations, music or ANYTHING remotely associated with Christmas to be displayed BEFORE December 1. If anybody violates said law, they are sentence to have to listen to Alvin and the chipmunks Christmas songs until the snow melts in Northern Idaho ( my home state).

The commercialization of Christmas and other holidays has completely ruined them for me.

BAH HUMBUG already !!!!!!!!!!!

BTW.......I am not a total scrooge, instead of giving presents within the family we( my family) decided to give to the less fortunate..........