Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

LaRue Tactical Multi-Gun

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

FYI, as best I can tell, the original version of the rules as posted on Nov. 8th (post #1 by Greg) included the 2 and 4 second penalties for C and D hits. That part of the rules appears to have remained consistent throughout.

You are incorrect. He modified the posted rules last month (read through this monster of a thread to see us call him on it)...

maybe I'll put on my 3x9

Hmm...good idea, Benny! I've got a 2-12 laying around here someplace. It isn't a tactical scope, but this ain't a tactical match :roflol:

Alex

Edited by Wakal

Alright, enough debate about Greg's screwed up scoring system and terrible match that has not even happened yet. While I understand and don't even necessarily disagree with some the critique of the scoring system, let's have the match and then debate it afterward.

You are incorrect. He modified the posted rules last month (read through this monster of a thread to see us call him on it)...

Alex

From post #7 by Greg on Nov. 10th (Page 1 of the thread):

Change 1 - 24 inch barrels on shotgun is approved.

However, you may have some difficulty.

I will highlight some of the things for the match...

This will be a Tactical match, physically demanding, technical, and lots of blasting.

DQ - will be case by case and the shooter may only zero stage.

Scoring - minus 2 for a C and minus 4 for a D.

Clays must Break - no BB hole.

AR Mags - 45 round limit.

Must have full bullet diameter to score.

He changed a few things, but the item that seems to be the primary point of contention has been there all along. BTW, I'll be there blasting away with my F2 comp on my rifle :D . Now, if I could only figure out a way to mount one on my shottie...... ;)

Edited by vsound

Has anyone got a seeing eye dog for the one eyed fat man? Somehow I think we will still see his name toward the top of the results sheet, just seems to work that way

look forward to seeing you all

I would bring my dog but she won't obey anymore as she is deaf from too much time on the range, or thats the excuse she seems to use, always seems to hear and come when I open the cabinet with the snacks in it though, curious

jc

I changed my scope to a 2x7 but now, maybe I'll put on my 3x9. Old eyes can't see the scoreing rings anymore.

I don't want to start nothin' BUT, just be sure to use a 3x9 "tactical" scope that people in the "real world" use.

FYI

Linda will be at the range on Friday, 27 Mar from 1300-1700 for registration.

She will then be conducting registration at the Fairfield from 1900-???

Shooters brief is 0700, Sat, 28 Mar 09 at the range.

We will start shooting at 0700, Sun, 29 Mar 09.

AMF

Well crap. I'm not on the list. :( I emailed Austin, so hopefully this will get worked out quickly. I got confirmation from Dalene back in January.

I sent you an email. You are on the list that I see, in SQ 16 :) The "pretty list" on the website accidentally chopped ya off. You are on now :)

Edited by CFII

Well crap. I'm not on the list. :( I emailed Austin, so hopefully this will get worked out quickly. I got confirmation from Dalene back in January.

I sent you an email. You are on the list that I see, in SQ 16 :)

Cool. Thanks for the quick response. I'm not on the spreadsheet posted on the web, so I just wanted to check.

Look 1/3 of the way down on the left side of the page, just under "NRA sanctioned", says "Squad List" and "excell spreadsheet" one on top of the other.

Its there I found it and I am on Squad 7.

Alright, enough debate about Greg's screwed up scoring system and terrible match that has not even happened yet. While I understand and don't even necessarily disagree with some the critique of the scoring system, let's have the match and then debate it afterward.

Thank you for these level headed words Kelly.

I'm sure this will be a very fun match, sorry I'll miss it (recovering from knee surgery).

I look forward to an after action report. Greg is putting an incredible amount of work into this match and I'm sure nobody will be disappointed.

David

This match is going to be badder than Shaft, Super Fly, James Bond, and Kung Fu....and Billy Gibbons all balled up into one. In fact, this match may wind up being half as bad as Chuck Norris.

Damn Mike, you're really showing your age with these references. Are any of these guys still living? :roflol: