Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Powder Measure vs. Old Style

Just ordered a new powder measure and when it came in...... I realized it had no return springs on top and it now has two little levers instead of the one. I don't like that 'failsafe' rod right there in the way on the powder station. I have a small light shining down in the case so I see how much powder fell for each round that goes by. With that rod installed... it's right in the way. Sooooo.... as many of YOU have been doing, I run it w/o that rod.

However.... with the NEW powder measure, you have to use the rod. Dillon said it's no longer just a failsafe but needed for function. And the rod had two bends in top instead of just one 90 bend. Dillon is sending me the new rod, no problem there. For now.... I stole a spring off an old one and then put a small bolt through the two levers to keep them together and it works.

Anyone else run into this? How do you like the new powder measure system? Maybe I should just order some springs...... :angry2:

Hello: I modified the new measure to be like the old one. I like the idea of 2 springs that I can see. Thanks, Eric

Did you order your springs from Dillon or find a suitable replacement at a local H/W shop or something?

Hello: I modified the new measure to be like the old one. I like the idea of 2 springs that I can see. Thanks, Eric

Did you order your springs from Dillon or find a suitable replacement at a local H/W shop or something?

Dillon still has the springs available on request, I ordered a few just to have on hand. I don't know if the new PM failsafe system smooths up after time or I'm just getting used to it but I've come to like it. Still keeping the springs on hand though..... ;)

I have 14 caliber conversions set up, each with it's own powder measure. The old kind. They have run flawlessly for years and

will probably last for many more. I don't like the new kind either. Those look like something from Dr. Seuss. I have one new one,

tried it out for a while, then retired it. That rod is always getting in the way.