Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Aftec extractor in Open guns

ipscgal

Does anyone else ever have one of the 'wings' on the cup that covers the springs on an aftec break off? I have two 38 supercomps, they both seem to have this happen every so often and the cups are expensive to replace. Any suggestions as to why this happens & how to correct it?

I'd call one of the guys at Millenium Custom, who owns Aftec. [www.mcguns.com/] . Get the info 'straight from the horse's mouth.' If they can't tell you, I am sure they could recommend who to talk to at Aftec And give you the number, since it is not available.

Edited by bwit

Does anyone else ever have one of the 'wings' on the cup that covers the springs on an aftec break off? I have two 38 supercomps, they both seem to have this happen every so often and the cups are expensive to replace. Any suggestions as to why this happens & how to correct it?

It happens when you install them incorrectly....

I guess this is on the subject, what are your experiences with the Aftec extractor. I have one and never did get it to work right [45acp], yet I know people who swear by them and a couple who put it in their gun and never looked back. Of course, it worked for them. I since then, of necessity, learned how to tune the regular extractors to work properly. I'm back looking at the Aftec again for an open gun. But I'd like a consensus of our shooters experiences.

I have Aftecs in two open guns with about 50,000 rounds, and have never had any problems. I remove the extracters abount every two months and clean them and the well. When installing them I use a 1/8 allen wrench with the ball end. I put the complete extracter into the well and push the ball end against the end of the wing. It usually goes right in. Never had a wing break! Good luck< Fred

I have Aftecs in two open guns with about 50,000 rounds, and have never had any problems. I remove the extracters abount every two months and clean them and the well. When installing them I use a 1/8 allen wrench with the ball end. I put the complete extracter into the well and push the ball end against the end of the wing. It usually goes right in. Never had a wing break! Good luck< Fred

Thanks Fred.... That's some good info..... :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...