Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

little Clays in my Titegroup

chrisjohn

Is this a problem? There are 15 or so flakes of clays in every charge of titegroup, guess I threw in the last batch of clays in the wrong container. Match tomorrow. Worried about blowing things up and not in a good way.

I did something similar.. 6 ounces of Longshot in about 5 pounds of Universal clays. I can see flecks of the Longshot in the Universal clays. I load it 4.8 gr in 9mm with 115's and though a tad erratic, they work the slide and are accurate.

I think in this case you mixed two very fast powders.. I would either use them in lower pressure loads, or light it off for fun like some other people have suggested. Do you know what the ratio is?

Toss it :surprise:

I had a friend that worked at Alliant as a while back. We were talking about the weird things gunpowder can do and he said something along the lines of "we usually have a pretty good idea what's going to happen when we change things, but every once in a while we're totally surprised with the outcome. If those guys can't always tell what's going to happen, there's no way I'd use that powder.

Send it to those goofballs in the white coats on Guns & Ammo television and ask them to fire in one of their guns for a torture test in an M&P or something. Like others have said, when in doubt, throw it out.

Never, ever have more than one powder can by your press. That's just badness waiting to happen. We all do stupid stuff from time to time so it's best to limit the damage we can do as much as possible. ;) I go so far as to keep my powder in a separate room and take the one I'll be loading with out to the press. The hopper is emptied back into the can and carried back to storage as soon as I'm done.