Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shot my new JP CTR-02 today for first time. WOW!

DMAC

I apologize that I have no pics to post. I shot some black hills blue box 69 and 77 gr (55 gr black hills is hard to come by). I have a Magpul PRS stock and I mounted a Leupold 4.5-14 x 50 LRT scope (not practical for three gun-I realize). The wind was howling-gusts up to 30 mph, but it did calm to 5 mph at times.

For those of you who have seen the video at their website showing 5 shots in a 1" group fired in 5 seconds, you can belive it. I tried to duplicate it and actually had 4 shots touching and a flyer that made it just under a 1" group in 5 seconds shooting the 69 gr. black hills. This was from a bench using a harris bipod. I tried it two other times and those groups were at 1.5" but the wind was really gusting-blowing me around more than the bullet probably.

I can't wait until I get to try some different ammo in better conditions. I played around with getting the gas block adjusted. This is my first AR, so I still have a lot to learn. The recoil on this thing is minimal, but it sure is loud. I took off the Leupold and slapped on an Eotech for my first 3 Gun competition next month (a local shoot and I've been told that no targets are further than 75 yards). I have a lot to learn and practice before the Blue Ridge 3 Gun shoot in KY next spring. Thanks to all who have posted here to help me learn some of the things needed to get started!

Edited by DMAC

We're all waiting for pics. How long did it take to get it from the time you placed your order?

It only took about 3 1/2 weeks. So far I would rate their customer as excellent. I don't mind spending more for an excellent product with the same level of support to back it up.

• 5 weeks later...

Hey guy,s can you give me a price on a new jp CTR-02 there is one at one of the shops here with that great magpul stock. What did you pay for it from the factory?.... Thank,s for any info

Hey guy,s can you give me a price on a new jp CTR-02 there is one at one of the shops here with that great magpul stock. What did you pay for it from the factory?.... Thank,s for any info

Should be $2499 for the rifle plus $205 for the Magpul PRS upgrade.

Thank you it has the scope mount with ring,s as well what do you think that would cost

Thank you it has the scope mount with ring,s as well what do you think that would cost

All the prices are listed on their website.

JP Rifles

So I shot my JP at my first 3 Gun Match. I cannot believe how quickly I can get off a second shot (I'm new so I don't have a timer to measure split times, etc.). The recoil impulse is almost non existent with no muzzle rise and the trigger feels like part of my body. After the match I let some of the other shooters send some rounds down range. They were as impressed as I was. I really have no desire to own any other AR, except for maybe the JP LRP-07 in 308 or 260 :D

If you ever have the chance to shoot one, think carefully before you do. It could leave you with a $2,600 hole in your pocket.

• 2 months later...

All the prices are listed on their website.

JP Rifles

So I shot my JP at my first 3 Gun Match. I cannot believe how quickly I can get off a second shot (I'm new so I don't have a timer to measure split times, etc.). The recoil impulse is almost non existent with no muzzle rise and the trigger feels like part of my body. After the match I let some of the other shooters send some rounds down range. They were as impressed as I was. I really have no desire to own any other AR, except for maybe the JP LRP-07 in 308 or 260 :D

If you ever have the chance to shoot one, think carefully before you do. It could leave you with a $2,600 hole in your pocket.

Well I like my CTR-02 so much that I ordered the LRP-07 in 308 today. Only 4-6 months to wait. This left a little bigger hole in my pocket.

I thought about the AR-10, DPMS, LaRue OSR, LMT, and the Noveske for a 308, but no other .223 that I have handled and shot even comes close to comparing to the JP for fit/finish/recoil signature. I'm sure some may be as accurate though. I presume that it would be the same with the 308 platform so I decided to go with the JP again (just a little longer wait this time, but worth it!)