Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gator Classic stage 10

41mag

This was the stage I RO'd;

what is interesting is that with the auto guns, this thing was done 10 different ways; I guess with the 6 shooters, it broke down to a pretty consistent solution.

Great shooting with everyone!

Pat, great video. Moreover, Pat is a great fellow. Thanks for helping with the squad, thanks for motorcycling down all the way from Ohio to beat me, and thanks for helping make the match fun. Really nice shooting and congratulations on being the first of the non-sponsored shooters - you shot a great match.

Watch the muzzle of the gun on Jerry, Elliot, and Jonathon's 1st reloads.

It's always hard to tell from a video exactly where the 180 line falls, but I do think Elliot's reload in particular looks awfully close. That is one of the problems with the Jerry-style reload, it creates a tendency for the muzzle to drift to the left as the gun is being tipped up and emptied, which is not a problem when you're facing forward, but can become an issue when traversing to the left. One of the regulars on here got DQ'd at the Summer Blast a few years ago for this exact situation.

It's always hard to tell from a video exactly where the 180 line falls, but I do think Elliot's reload in particular looks awfully close. That is one of the problems with the Jerry-style reload, it creates a tendency for the muzzle to drift to the left as the gun is being tipped up and emptied, which is not a problem when you're facing forward, but can become an issue when traversing to the left. One of the regulars on here got DQ'd at the Summer Blast a few years ago for this exact situation.

The muzzle flips are pretty quick. Slow Motion frame by frame would be interesting.

The muzzle flips are pretty quick. Slow Motion frame by frame would be interesting.

Being at the match and seeing the stage in real life dimension and knowing where the 180 line ran I feel confident in saying that I don't think Elliot broke the 180. The video actually looses perspective do to lack of resolution, its like the third dimension is lost on the gun at the last part of the reload. Any way just for fun....here you go!

http://www.mydeo.com/videorequest.asp?XID=...&CID=228897

41mag

Congrats go out to Pat who failed to mention that he won A class and was the highest finishing non-S&W-sponsored revolver shooter.

Jon. you were right, I was the only one who over-thought the stage. Shooting it your way accomplished the same thing without beating the crap out of my elbow when I went into the last port. maybe newxt time? <_<

Congrats go out to Pat who failed to mention that he won A class and was the highest finishing non-S&W-sponsored revolver shooter.

Jon. you were right, I was the only one who over-thought the stage. Shooting it your way accomplished the same thing without beating the crap out of my elbow when I went into the last port. maybe newxt time? <_<

Let's face it, for style points you took the stage Bwana! :cheers: