Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rifle Stages

outerlimits

i hate being asked to design a 3 gun stage, only to be rediculed for not giving shooters an easy rifle portion. seems that unless the shooting position is perfectly prone with a bipod, no one can execute the shots. i hate it! wtf? no one ever practices 90 degree side prone?

chris-last time it was probably me-that's when my comp had unscrewed! anyway, since this match will be a tune up for benning, we'll make sure it's something you can handle... ;)

oh yea, same stage has a texas star out to 30 for a shotgun...with some clays right next to it. :devil:

I'm sure it wasn't you burning rounds on a rifle stage Butch. Thank goodness for the 180 second rule.

Speaking of Benning, I better order some slugs.

Rich

P.S. I'm still planning on going, but might be a no-show and just do some long gun practice after the match on Sunday.

I'm sure it wasn't you burning rounds on a rifle stage Butch. Thank goodness for the 180 second rule.

Speaking of Benning, I better order some slugs.

Rich

P.S. I'm still planning on going, but might be a no-show and just do some long gun practice after the match on Sunday.

rich-there is no 180 second rule...

Butch... We've waited a few times for people taking 4,5,6 minutes shooting really poorly there..

I felt really sorry for the one guy shooting an iron sighted Garand (I think).. he must have shot 50 rounds or more.. I think he ran out of ammo before he was done.

Gives us time to relax.. lol

Side prone, may be uncomfortable, but other matches do it.. it's 3 Gun.. there's no whining in 3 Gun!

oh yea, same stage has a texas star out to 30 for a shotgun...with some clays right next to it. :devil:

I'll be ready this time, 3 3/4 dram 1 1/4oz #6's, yeah!

now u got it, todd. actually, at 28 yds and a full, u won't need the heat. but like you, i'm going there...

Hello All,

I want to be clear, I'm all for challenging! Thanks for your extra efforts! But the commit about "weak-hand" "weak-shoulder" brings up a question. What would a guy (me) who's blind in one eye do? Just curious? I'm still learning how to shoot long guns left handed, after shooting right handed my entire life. Thanks to an ass with a nail gun!

Sorry for the drift!

Brian

Hello All,

I want to be clear, I'm all for challenging! Thanks for your extra efforts! But the commit about "weak-hand" "weak-shoulder" brings up a question. What would a guy (me) who's blind in one eye do? Just curious? I'm still learning how to shoot long guns left handed, after shooting right handed my entire life. Thanks to an ass with a nail gun!

Sorry for the drift!

Brian

There's a section in the pistol rule book for WHO stages that would probably apply. It's 10.2.10 . Basically you would need to discuss it with the Range Master.

Edited by mscott