Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Want to swap out bead for a FO

jbullgpd

Picked up a backup 1100 as a project and in case mine ever goes down, it hasn't yet. Easy, easy benelli guys leave me alone......:)

Want to change the bead sight to a fiber optic front. How does that work, it screw out? pull out? and just the opposite to install the FO? Was gonna go with a tru glo or a Hi Viz. Please advise.

Picked up a backup 1100 as a project and in case mine ever goes down, it hasn't yet. Easy, easy benelli guys leave me alone......:)

Want to change the bead sight to a fiber optic front. How does that work, it screw out? pull out? and just the opposite to install the FO? Was gonna go with a tru glo or a Hi Viz. Please advise.

Your bead will just screw out, and your new Hiviz will come with a number of fixing screws, one of which will fit. Some people also pin the highviz into place, others just use strong adhesive to stop it twisting whilst firing.

Your bead will just screw out, and your new Hiviz will come with a number of fixing screws, one of which will fit. Some people also pin the highviz into place, others just use strong adhesive to stop it twisting whilst firing.

I've had trouble with the durability of hiviz front sights. I've had them bumped off center in a match, and was wondering why I was hitting the no shoots next to the shoot targets! <_< I'd say a hiviz definitely needs to be staked down. The tape that comes with it just won't hold under moderate use. I've had much better luck with Truglo sights. This is the one I've been using for about a year now. On this page it's not the globe front. I'm using the open rear, but the ghost ring isn't too bad either. Also, I removed the fo rods from the rear sight, since I only want the rear sight for slugs, and don't want the distraction when using shot.

http://www.truglo.com/content/products/fir...bead_turkey.asp

I was going to change out the bead on my 1100 & it is NOT threaded. I turned & turned & nothing. Decided I would just leave well enough alone. I do have the f.o. sight but it is just sitting in a box somewhere for now.

MLM

The best way to prevernt them from turning is to use the HIviz comp sight. Install it with some blue loctite and tighten it with the sight cocked at like a 45 degree angle off center. Keep the screwdriver in the screw and push the sight back over to center which really tightens it down in theregood. You can also rough the bottom of the comp sight base up a little so it catches on the rib a little better but I have never had a problem without doing it on any of my guns. I have had hi viz sights on my skeet guns for years and was putting 50K plus a year through the barrels and have never had a sight come loose on me yet.

Not to be argumentitive, but the best way to keep the comp sight from turning durring use is to center it and drill a 1/16" hole near the rear fibber support on the left side into the rib and use a small 1/16" roll pin to put into the hole in the sight and the rib...it isn't EVER going to move. That is the way I have done all mine. KurtM

Not to be argumentitive, but the best way to keep the comp sight from turning durring use is to center it and drill a 1/16" hole near the rear fibber support on the left side into the rib and use a small 1/16" roll pin to put into the hole in the sight and the rib...it isn't EVER going to move. That is the way I have done all mine. KurtM

Sounds like good advice to me. :cheers: