Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Next World Shoot

race1911

Hallo guys.

I am very happy that the World Shoot XVI will be in my country! Also i will waiting to meet you everyone from this forum

to the range! Send me PMs before come.We have a lot of wine to drink before match!!! :roflol:

You'll be the first person I'll be looking for if ever :cheers: Some good olive oil and cheese should blend nicely.

I second that. Where can we find information on how to acquire a slot?

Typically at the end of the year (prior) MV sends out a request for those that want a slot to email him. There may be other requirements, this season we had the qualifier matches for the WS so expect that to continue next time as well. Just have to wait and see what the criteria will be.

Thanks Paul, I'll put that on my calendar and will watch out for updates.

I have not been very interested in going to any of the places hosting the last several World shoots. Greece , although a little disappointed it wasnt here, sounds good to me. If I can get a slot and conditions allow this is one i will try to make. How is Greece with guns? Might want to see more than just greece on the trip and wondering what to do with the gun while traveling.

How is Greece with guns? Might want to see more than just greece on the trip and wondering what to do with the gun while traveling.

Well I am happy as HECK that its Greece (even though I'd prefer USA). Why? Greece is in the EU - meaning they use Euros and they try to follow EU guidelines for travel and such. More importantly, the Greeks can offer excellent security in the wake of their having hosted the olypics. Only gun restriction I know of in Greece is that Greek citizens can't reload their own ammo - but probably US competitors could bring in reloaded match ammo.

I think you are only allowed to have a shotgun in Greece. No pistols; no rifles.

Well considering it is the next location of the World Shoot. I doubt that's accurate. ;)

Ya think? :P I hear there is a permit for shooting sports. To bad they chose a country that doesn't allow it's people to have handguns.

Edited by JThompson

I think you are only allowed to have a shotgun in Greece. No pistols; no rifles.

Well considering it is the next location of the World Shoot. I doubt that's accurate. ;)

Ya think? :P I hear there is a permit for shooting sports. To bad they chose a country that doesn't allow it's people to have handguns.

Let's just be glad we will be in a NATO country where you are not at risk just by visiting.

I travelled to Greece in 1998 for the European Championships. No problems bringing in guns and ammo. Competitors needed a permit (standard practice for most countries) and it was all handled by the organisers. We sent off our forms and they did all the processing for us. We kept the guns and ammunition with us at the hotel.

They did a great job running the Europeans.

I would have preferred a WS in USA but Greece is a fantastic country to visit and I know they will put on a great match.

I think you are only allowed to have a shotgun in Greece. No pistols; no rifles. Any news on the city?

The city-island is Rhodes.

Pistols are allowed as long as police likes their look (this is not a joke).

I already have and I use three Brazos pistols, one Bedell shorty and one Bch'n steel gun.

About the rifles.

We can get permit only for bolt-action rifles at the moment.

We are trying (by legal action) for legal possession of semi-auto rifles as well but Shooting Sports Federation does not support us.

The reason is that Greek Ministry of Sports thinks that semi -autos are only for war !!!

Greek citizens can't reload their own ammo - but probably US competitors could bring in reloaded match ammo.

We can not reload our own ammo because by law reloaded rounds are not allowed in shooting competition generally.(US shooters included)

Greek authorities claim that even possession of black powder is bad !

They claim that TNT and blackpowder are equally dangerous !

I hope that during the next three years we will change everything because at the moment even red dot scopes need a separate import permit !!

May God help us !

Edited by jros3e