Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mag holders

bradthegunmaniac

How about some periods in your post?

I'd get pouches for at least 4 mags shooting production. 11 in the gun and 40 more in the belt and 10 more the back pocket should cover almost any stage unless you botch a reload (or three.)

What 40 mag on my belt.

40 rounds of ammo

Al503 is saying..four mag pouches..11 rounds in the gun at start. 40 rounds on your belt ( 4 mags X 10rnds ) and stick a mag in your back pocket.

Edited by eerw

What 40 mag on my belt.

40 rounds of ammo

Al503 is saying..four mag pouches..11 rounds in the gun at start. 40 rounds on your belt ( 4 mags X 10rnds ) and stick a mag in your back pocket.

Thanks, Stuart. Sorry for not being clearer.

I'd get a Comp-Tac Belt Feed and stick one of the singles behind it so that you've got five on the belt, one in the gun and one in your pocket if you want. If you've got the belt space there wouldn't be anything wrong with having both singles behind the Belt Feed and not have to worry about sticking stuff in your pockets etc. The nice thing is that if for some strange reason a couple of your mags get knocked out you'll still have enough to finish even a long course.

If you have four on the belt and get two knocked out (say going through a door, which happened to me once) you're down to 31 rounds total if you didn't have an extra in your pocket....hard to finish a 32 round stage like that! R,

Can you tilt your mag holders in production.

Go download the current rulebook ;)

Yes, you can tilt them. They just have to meet the 2" rule (between inside of belt and the magazine) and can't be farther forward than the point of the hip bone. R,

Hello: I would look at the Safariland 773's. These work great and seem to be smoother on release than the CR Speeds at least to me. They also cost less :cheers: I would get 5 just in case. I would use the CR Speed belt and your favorite holster. Hope this helps. Thanks, Eric

your first two mag pouches are the most important,...make sure they are at a comfortable angle and you can lift the mag out easy enough.

I have tried CR and recently DAA,..but I keep going back to the Guga Ribas mag pouches. The downside to the GR is that they are heavier than any other mag pouch. Try two GR for a while,...you may like them.