Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Found some SP-2

1911freak

In 38supercomp with a 4.5" bbl with poppleholes, I was running about 10.1 or 10.2 grains with a 125 gr bullet.

I would start around 9.0 and work your way up with a chrono. I've got a bunch of this stuff and there is a noticeable difference in PF from lot to lot. I've noticed up to .3 grains for the same PF.

Each jug will have a lot code sticker on the bottom so it's easy to separate them.

No, really its a great powder for 9mm major since it is so dense. I believe we used to run 9.6 grains in super but I would start out much lower and work up. I am not sure if that was with 125's or 115's. So 8 grains is a good start point. For Super there are other powders that do the job, not so many in 9mm because of case space. We use 3n37 now, wished we had some SP2. At one time I had literally tons of it. Sold the last 8 lb bottles available about 7 years ago.

In 38supercomp with a 4.5" bbl with poppleholes, I was running about 10.1 or 10.2 grains with a 125 gr bullet.

I would start around 9.0 and work your way up with a chrono. I've got a bunch of this stuff and there is a noticeable difference in PF from lot to lot. I've noticed up to .3 grains for the same PF.

Each jug will have a lot code sticker on the bottom so it's easy to separate them.

I would think you might want to start much lower since your shooting a stock 1911.

I would think you might want to start much lower since your shooting a stock 1911.

You're probably right. However, SP2 is very close to n105 in burn rate so you don't have to worry about a big pressure spike.

I'm using it for 9mm major right now. 9.3 grains with the same bbl config above gets me about 171 with the slightest primer flow pressure signs.

You guys are ok I was stuck at work and couldn't reply. I am using a stock single stack with ramped briley barrel. Nothing heavy no porting or comp. I think that I will hold on to the powder but thanks for the offer chuckbradley :roflol:

This is my first post here and I am a definate newbie here but it is great the way members here reply so quickly. Thank for the information so far

• 2 weeks later...