Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tri top slides, where or who?

steel1212

I would guess that any gunsmith that builds 1911s or 2011s will be happy to do your slide for you. There are several here on BE that would do them. Relatively simple operation.

Yeah, I've pretty much been bombarded with emails...didn't know it was such an easy task lol.

I was going to get some tri top slides from Chuck and they said they said STI no longer makes them. Who else makes them? If nobody makes them who has quick turn around on tritoping them?

It would be important to know if the STI slide has already being fitted with sight cuts, or if it is a bald slide.

If it has already the sight cuts, including the front dovetail cut, then it presents a unique situation (not a problem) in which you can not do a straight through top flat without ruining the dovetail useful dimensions. You must do a blending for the top cut and proceed from there to match/blend the diagonal cuts, or change the angle to match all flats evenly. If it is a bald slide, then you have a free hand at doing whatever you want, including your choice of sights or desired blend.

• 2 weeks later...
Corey,

PM me with your ideas.

What is the advantage of a FLAT top slide? Is it legal for IDPA?

I'm sending my 2011 in to get some work done and was thinking about getting my slide flat topped to lose a little weight. Do you guys think it will make much of a difference?

This gun doubles for USPSA and IDPA. Thx.