Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Felony Baiting

EricW

Either ATF is surreptitiously baiting people into committing felonies, or there's a lot of desperate morons in the world. I've got some guns advertised for sale on one of the big gun sites, and I've lost track of the number of emails I've got saying they "seriously want to buy" but never reply after I ask them to have their dealer send me a copy of his FFL.

WTF!!???!!! What are people thinking?

There is no way in hell, I'm going to commit a f'ing felony for a couple hundred bucks. Either people need to pull their heads out, or we need to chip in and buy ATF a couple dozen X-Boxes to keep them occupied.

Kinda reminds me of the time my brother was trying to unload an extra Rush ticket outside of the Cow Palace years ago. He yelled "ticket", and this late thirty-something dude walks up and asks "how much"...and my brother just wants face-value. The guy says "naw" and starts walking away, and mutters that he saw the show last night anyway. So my brother starts following the guy going "twenty"..."fifteen"..."ten"....and I'm just not getting why he asked in the first place. Then it occured to me he was probably just trying to see if we were going to scalp.

Imagine that....busted by a Rush Cop! (or would that be Cow Cop... :P )

What is the problem with scalping. If you want a product that has a higher demand over supply you have to pay more for it. If someone has one and you want it badly enough buy it at the price he wants or not.

Or is there some law involved that says you can't make a profit on an item, but I thought that only happened in Soviet countries.

Imagine if they applied that to cars or maybe your house. You paid $100,000 for that house last year, so you have to sell it at the same price or someone might have to have a cry :blink:

If the cops spent as much time actually catching real crooks the crime rate would go down.

Sorry what was I thinking, I am most aopologetic, I should have thought carefully before I opened my mouth. :rolleyes:

"X-boxes?"

Or a Nintendo, Game Boy, or whatever they call the stinkin' things these days...

I haven't played a video game for over two decades so I'm a tad out of touch.

ATF or morons? Take a look at the morons on E-bay sometime. Do a search on "Gun parts" & you are likely to find stuff like "1911/ old pistol frame - note to e-bay, this is just gun parts & not a gun! don't delete!" And sure enough, E-bay leaves it up. Happens all the time & there is never a mention of "FFL" I have seen many shotgun receivers sold that way on Ebay too - though in fairness some of these might have been pre 1898 so OK to mail right to individuals. Still, most of these guys are clueless.

Slightly more savvy are the magazine sellers. I get a laugh out of the adds that say "AR-16 Magazine, Model #30, holds 10 shots (this magazine WILL hold 10)" Gets around e-bay's stupid prohibition on normal capacity magazines.