Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2009 Blue Ridge Mountain 3-Gun -- April 24-26, Park City, KY

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks alot like the one we threw together at work, except mine is still raw aluminum. Should work just fine. Looks good!

Steve

I have a scope throw ring that I would like to get some feedback on. If anyone has a comment that they would like to make I would appreciate it.

Here it is. I'm looking for the voice of experience. How do you think it will work? Thanks in advance.

post-15667-1240414627_thumb.jpg

Thanks, these are made of steel. After wieghing it out there was only a couple ounces different in steel. I also built it for the Millett and the Meopta. If you get a chance catch me at the match and Ill show them to you for an opinion.

Big Bear,

Not shooting the match, but I may drive down to watch and talk to a few folks on Friday. Hope to meet you then, if I knew who you were!? LOL

Steve

Looks alot like the one we threw together at work, except mine is still raw aluminum. Should work just fine. Looks good!

Steve

I have a scope throw ring that I would like to get some feedback on. If anyone has a comment that they would like to make I would appreciate it.

Here it is. I'm looking for the voice of experience. How do you think it will work? Thanks in advance.

post-15667-1240414627_thumb.jpg

Thanks, these are made of steel. After wieghing it out there was only a couple ounces different in steel. I also built it for the Millett and the Meopta. If you get a chance catch me at the match and Ill show them to you for an opinion.

Holy Sheeeeeeeot. I knew I was going to kick myself in the arse for missing this one. Please dont tell me all the competitors got to blast that!!!!

That's a guy from the squad in front of us...850 yards...piece of cake - shooting a car... :devil:

The next stage we shot a Rem 700 bolt gun as the sniper gun...cool..but NOT Barrett cool.

We had one stage with up close rifle but most are 200-300+ yds...100 yd shots feel close. Of course yesterday we had a full value wind on a set of 200+ targets...dang those things are small - 10 inch plates get REAL small when you forget to breathe.

One more day, thank God! :) I'm RO'ing a stage that's only about 100 yards from start position to finish, but we ran between 60 and 70 shooters yesterday. 100 yards down, 100 up. I figure I walked/ran/stumbled somewhere around 7 MILES yesterday. And I'd do it all over next weekend if I had the chance!!!!! I've heard nothing but compliments from the shooters. The courses are challenging, but doable. On my stage, (#4) we typically have only 1-2 guys per squad that are timing out at 240 seconds.

I don't know when the '09 BRM3G will take place, but I will definitely sign up!

It is over.....let the healing begin. I expect Andy will have a long night, so I'll do my best to remember who won:

Tac. Irons- Robbie Johnson

Tac. Optics- Daniel Horner

Open- James Darst

Heavy Metal- "Fast" Eddie (Sorry Eddie, I'm having brain drain, can't recall your last name.)

High Senior- "Fast" Eddie

High Lady- Denise Johnson

This was my first major match and I had a blast. It was a lot of work, but I'll do it again next year if Andy will have me.

The guys at Sabre were awesome. The prize table was huge! I think Sabre gave away 8 complete rifles, 1 raffle rifle, guessing 8 or so complete uppers, and probably over a dozen 18" barrels. There were gun certificates from DPMS, Glock, Bushmaster, a couple Rem 870 shotguns, five tables worth of gun stuff!

Thanks for the update Bryan! That wouldn't have been Eddie Rhodes maybe? Robbie/Daniel, I told you guys Friday afternoon where you would finish when we talked on stage 10. Great job to the winners and to Andy and crew for a well put on match. Next year I will be shooting this one!

My thanks to Andy Horner, Mike Oberman and Brent Parker for taking care of the R.O.s and the competitors who participated in the match. As good a bunch of folks as you will ever meet. All stages were challenging, some just downright difficult but it was fun and the prize table excellent. Again, my thanks to everyone.

All I have to say is Im exhausted mentally and physically. This was a great and challenging match. Makes some of the others look easy. The RO's were awesome and the prize table was great. Thanks to all the sponsors and of course Andy, who made it all happen. It was also good to see the president of the NRA down there. If you all have a chance to shoot this match, do it....the facilities are great.

All I have to say is Im exhausted mentally and physically. This was a great and challenging match. Makes some of the others look easy. The RO's were awesome and the prize table was great. Thanks to all the sponsors and of course Andy, who made it all happen. It was also good to see the president of the NRA down there. If you all have a chance to shoot this match, do it....the facilities are great.

I wish I could have made it down...

Thank you VERY, VERY much to: Andy Horner, Mike Oberman, all the RO's, the staff at the Mammoth lodge and Rock Castle, the great folks at Sabre, to Barrett for the delicious piggy and the M82A1, all the sponsors, and to God for the safety and many blessings we all received there with each other. AWESOME MATCH!!!

If I make it back next year, which I intend to, I will be in better shape :roflol:

And a special thanks to my Squad 7 mates, for being great to shoot with and saving over 100 of my Grendel brass for me...

Edited by ChristianHE

Just got home! Well worth the 18 hour drive!

Andy said he was trying for Rocky Mountain East- Seems like Rocky Mountain Iron Man East to me!

Everyone there was really great. Thanks to the RO's, Tammy and stats, Andy and Range Masters, everyone who worked so hard. Shooters, too! That match was a lot of hard work, but very cool! :cheers:

Appreciate having someone from Sabre on every stage! That was special! I can't imagine how all the RO's feel today, because I'm... :wacko: can't even describe my level of exhaustion! :yawn:

Special thanks to Trapr for teaching me the right way to sling, and squad 15. It was the first time I shot with any of you and you were a great, helpful, hard working, fun squad!

The gift to the NRA from Sabre, JP, and LaRue was wonderful! Also the additional from CZ, TechWear and FNH give our NRA mucky mucks no excuse not to get their butts and new guns out to Rocky Mountain!!!! I EXPECT to see you there! :sight:

Andy and the Noble family - less ticks next year, please!

(Though because Andy made the stages so exhausting, I didn't have enough energy to have my usual Tourett's. Not even once!)

Oh yeah, and NO TRUCK to shoot under!!!!!! :angry2:

Barrett was fun even for me!

Seriously, great match, great facility, great support from state officials, NRA etc. Just all around good time!

Fading fast...Thanks to everyone!

Deni......zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

My brother in law was a RO on Stage 5. He said you LOVED the truck, Denise. :) There's one competitor out there who REALLY didn't like the truck. He put a round of .308 through it and shrapnel hit hit hand and gave him some pretty good scratches. I liked stage 5, I hardly ever shoot rifle weak handed, let alone weak hand prone, and that was the first time I've ever fired under a vehicle. A 4wd truck would have made it a little easier though....