Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stupid Tuxedo

Tactical Timmy

FWIW, women love it when men dress up. I bought a tux several years ago along with a couple vests, shirts and ties. Only wear them once in a while but it was money well spent.

+1

when my son was playing the violin, it was cheaper to buy a tux than a regular suite.

lynn

$140 is bad enough. My sister thinks I'm going to fly to Europe for my niece's wedding, cause she wants to get married in some garden she likes in the Netherlands. No, no one in either family lives in the Netherlands. Not likely.

Enjoy the open bar. //ETA// Sorry. Missed that there was no open bar. Get a vest pocket flask. ;):cheers:

Edited by Steve J

$140 is bad enough. My sister thinks I'm going to fly to Europe for my niece's wedding, cause she wants to get married in some garden she likes in the Netherlands. No, no one in either family lives in the Netherlands. Not likely.

If that is the case, then the bride and groom should be responsible for ferrying people to Europe for the wedding.

If you are going to go to more than 1 black tie event a year, financially it makes sense to get your own tuxedo and shirt. Not only would you get something that actually fits, but you don't have to worry about renting it and returning it. Also, if you own a pair of black lace-up shoes, you don't need to rent/buy formal shoes.