Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Area 3 2008

Sharyn

Here's the video footage I captured of the Area 3 Champion, Shannon "Hot Stuff" Smith. I missed a few of his stages, sorry!

This is the general YouTube edition --->

And here's the higher quality, directly from my website ---> Area 3 - SmittyFL HQ

I'm still trying to grasp the audio editing stuff... not easy.

Especially like the stage where he spotted the competition two mags.

Yeah, that sucked. I heard and felt it happen but thought it was only one mag. Didn't know it was two until the reload when I only had my stoker left. That left me with 16 rounds to finish the 17 required shots. My only damn penalty of the match.

Thanks to Sharyn for making me look gooder than normal. :)

smitty...that's some great shooting. :cheers:

a couple of things i noticed in this video:

-you make it look easy...like anyone should be able to do it at your level (unfortunately, i know better!).

-your grip gives you almost no muzzle rise at all.

Especially like the stage where he spotted the competition two mags.

Yeah, that sucked. I heard and felt it happen but thought it was only one mag. Didn't know it was two until the reload when I only had my stoker left. That left me with 16 rounds to finish the 17 required shots. My only damn penalty of the match.

Thanks to Sharyn for making me look gooder than normal. :)

Smitty, that was REALLY the only penalty for the whole match? That was outstanding!! Many great shooters had melt downs at this match, for you to have earned only 1 penalty is outstanding. Keep it rolling for when you go to the world shoot. Good luck when you are flying our colors over there!!

Thanks guys. It was a fun match. 12 pretty good stages and good round count for an area match. Definitely worth the trip, we had a lot of fun. You can read my brief synopsis on my website. But as it normally works, I didn't feel like I shot especially well, just decent. You never know if that is good enough against Travis, Phil, Manny and the gang. I was happy to pull it out.

Really psyched for the World Shoot. I'm trying to focus on the Nationals but watching the Olympics these past couple weeks, has me looking forward to competing for the US and kicking some ass!