Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dave Sevigny's Open Gun

mwx40x40

I never noticed how far he rotates his elbow! Wow, that's up a lot more than mine. :surprise:

Jerry Miculek shoots that way too. He said if your elbows are up that high then recoil can only push straight back whereas if you elbows are lower and bent slightly recoil will make your forearms hinge up.

I never noticed how far he rotates his elbow! Wow, that's up a lot more than mine. :surprise:

Jerry Miculek shoots that way too. He said if your elbows are up that high then recoil can only push straight back whereas if you elbows are lower and bent slightly recoil will make your forearms hinge up.

That seems logical to me... I'm not able to do that for a bad shoulder and wrist, but it's clear to me what they mean.

Thanks for the answer.

JT

Edited by JThompson

<_< I am just glad he did not shoot a Single Stack :blush: that would be very embarrassing to get beat by a SS

I believe Dave came in second at last years SS Nats to Robbie. So, yes he can beat a lot of folks with a SS. I have also known him to have shot Open 1911/2011 types in the past on rare occasion.

...there's ANOTHER reason Dave "Rotates" his elbows/arms like that...he is LEFT EYE DOMINANT! No Kidding! Hard to believe he shoots as well as he does, with THAT "Handicap" AND shooting the equipment he does!...BTW, only kidding about the equipment--altho', if you ever handled one of his guns--even the SJC Racegun--you'd be AMAZED at how ORDINARY his triggers feel...guess it REALLY IS the "Indian" and NOT the "Arrow"!!!....mikey357