Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Nastia and Shawn

JThompson

Yep, congrats! I was hoping it would go the other way but Shawn is young enough to go again in London. Nastia is "getting up there" (going on 19, lol) for a gymnast.

Some really wierd stuff going on in the scoring at this event. :surprise:

I would have liked Shawn out front too, but there is a great back story with Nastia and her dad.

Yep, congrats! I was hoping it would go the other way but Shawn is young enough to go again in London. Nastia is "getting up there" (going on 19, lol) for a gymnast.

I would have liked Shawn out front too, but there is a great back story with Nastia and her dad.

+1 Shawn is a powerhouse both on the floor and with her personality, but Nastia's graceful and beautiful style kept her on top with the judges. I even saw it in her floor routine. It's tough to have two that are so good at the same time.

Great story for both athletes and America.

I'm amazed at the grit and determination of both girls. The pressure was immense - and they stepped up and delivered when it mattered most. Well done :cheers:

Yeah. I was worried they were going to be robbed. Glad they prevailed! Go USA!!!!

Shawn Johnson is a local kid who goes to public school here in town on a normal full-time schedule, just like all the other kids. It's pretty cool to see her do so well, particularly against competitors who were bred and raised purely to perform gymnastics and have literally no other life.

Yeah. I was worried they were going to be robbed. Glad they prevailed! Go USA!!!!

The whole revamp of the scoring system was a total failure in my eyes. It was so much easier before... this was work a max of 9.0 you do it perfect and you get a 9.0. You see them on the phones trying to figure out how to score the stuff? It leaves to much room for error. The more convoluted something becomes the more room for error and abuse.

Shawn Johnson is a local kid who goes to public school here in town on a normal full-time schedule, just like all the other kids. It's pretty cool to see her do so well, particularly against competitors who were bred and raised purely to perform gymnastics and have literally no other life.

It was indeed Mr. Carmoney... She has a shot in another 4 if she chooses. I hope she does and comes back with a Gold next time. I'm not taking anything away from her for a Silver... She's also a cute little shit ala ML :)

I enjoyed watching their different techniques for preparing for their performances. Talk about a phenomenal mental game!

I was watching Shawn before her floor, I think, and her coach looked more nervous than she did. The guy was full of twitches and she's just calmly sitting there. There was also a moment when sh stepped up and the showed Nastia's scores... you could see Shawn look over to her, smile and nod. It was if to say. "You got it girl nice job." After Nastia's floor Shawn was going for silver. Damn, but those girls are fun to watch.

JT

Good stuff! She's mentally tougher than 99% of men I've met . . .