Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Whiny Arrogant Asshats

smokshwn

The guy was the absolute and undisputed greatest when he was in the pool..... he did win everything there was to win - as he says with a total disregard for any hint of modesty. His being a egotistical turd does not change the facts..... B)

I don't think anything he said was unreasonable. He was the best. In fact, he still IS the best (for now).

Think about that for a little bit. Being the best at something. Not the best in your club, not the best you've ever seen, not the best in the world, but the best in all of history.

I'm actual a little sick of athletes having to be all modest (worst are the scripted NASCAR marketing wankers drivers). If you scored a big goal in a local pickup ball-game, you'd do a little celebrating and bragging. If you were the the best in all of history at something, you SHOULD be allowed to be a bit immodest.

As for inviting him.... well.... nobody invited the '72 Dolphins to last year's SuperBowl, either!

I don't think anything he said was unreasonable.

I'll have to agree. At least the US Olympic Committee should have invited him. As the reigning medal leader, he should have been invited to be on hand for the breaking of his record. You see it in a lot of sports when there is a record about to be broken. The reigning leader seems to always be on hand to be interviewed and such.

The guy may have a huge ego in that he EXPECTS certain treatment that if WE received it we would be honored by it.

However I believe he's right in this respect, that he should be there to present the new record holder with his gold medals.

Whether or not Mark Spitz is a nice guy is immaterial.

JK