Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bobbing targets

Anybody know of a supplier that makes a true bobbing target? I am trying to get one and I'm having no luck. Checked all the usually suspect and I can't find one. Maybe someone who made one for a local club kind of thing.

Tom

Hey Tom, I have made those in the past. It is made like a double side by side swinger, but you connect the two counter weights together. That makes the two targets bob straight up and down and NOT be swingers. I made a triple for the area 8 match about 6 or 7 years ago.

regards, karl @ GT

Tom,

Are you after a target that goes up and down only...like it is hiding behind a wall, then popping up? (as seen at PASA)

Another version is one that swing forward and backward...starts out behind a wall too. (as seen at this year's Area 8 at East Huntington, PA)

Tom,

Are you after a target that goes up and down only...like it is hiding behind a wall, then popping up? (as seen at PASA)

Another version is one that swing forward and backward...starts out behind a wall too. (as seen at this year's Area 8 at East Huntington, PA)

Originally I was looking for the PASA type bobber. I talked to Karl today and I think he made the bobbers for Area 8. Does anyone have any video from Area 8 this year that show the bobber they had there.

Tom

Tom,

Originally I was looking for the PASA type bobber. I talked to Karl today and I think he made the bobbers for Area 8. Does anyone have any video from Area 8 this year that show the bobber they had there.

Tom

Tom... I think this is what you are looking for on the first stage...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2xb7Cn7Fio

Tom,

Tom

He didn't make these, I don't think. I ran the stage at Area 8 this year (East Huntington). These looked home-brewed. And, they didn't bob, they were more of a front to back swinger. Totally different than what they've had at Pasa Park.

[Edit to add] Yes, that is the stage with the front to back swingers that JT linked to. Here is a note. Those targets had hard cover on the bottom half of them. That worked well to keep the shots out of the wall (just a wooden wall that was hiding them). But, with their motion, bullets went into the targets at weird angles...often making an overlay useless. I had to make a few judgement calls on shots that angled in and were close to the hardcover line. I called them all consistently, but one of those calls might have been enough to decide a division winner (from looking at the final scores later on).

Hey Tom, I did not make the bobbers for the area 8 this year. I made bobbers for the area 8 when it was at topton approx. 6 or 7 years ago.

I do not know who made the movers on the video, regards, karl @ GT