Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M4 ramp or not

elynch2007

I am building my first Ar project and should I get an upper and barrel with the M4 ramp or just get the standard ramp? What are the pros and cons?

What kind of set up are you building??? And yes I would go with the ramps.

Chris C.

Edited by Chris Conley

Yup, your barrel can have m4 cuts but your receiver doesn't have to be but you don't want a receiver with them and not the barrel. I run a sabre defence barrel and it has m4 cuts but my current receiver doesn't but I don't see any need to get on that does.

Chris,

I am looking to build with a DPMS stripped lower, using a 18 inch stainlesss SPR barrel and upper reciever with foward assist that has the M4 ramp cuts in them from White Oak Arm., along with a good tactical comp on the end. An Acestock with a 1 Inch tube extention, and free vented float tube, then top that with a extended scope mount and a Millet DMS1 scope. It may take me awhile to get it together but it should be ready for next year for sure.

Chris,

I am looking to build with a DPMS stripped lower, using a 18 inch stainlesss SPR barrel and upper reciever with foward assist that has the M4 ramp cuts in them from White Oak Arm., along with a good tactical comp on the end. An Acestock with a 1 Inch tube extention, and free vented float tube, then top that with a extended scope mount and a Millet DMS1 scope. It may take me awhile to get it together but it should be ready for next year for sure.

If it were me I would have to re-think the Millet scope. Zero drifts really badly. Been there done that.

Chris C.

Edited by Chris Conley