Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Orange & Blue P-Mags...

Middle Man

Someone told me my orange and blue P-Mags weren't right (you know college football is mere weeks away).

cdb114.jpg

cdb115.jpg

I think I'm going to like the Burris 1-4, even if it was a pain to zero on a Redfield sight-in target. I'm looking forward to using it at speed...

Oh, almost forgot to mention...it's an off the rack race AR (save the grip, I had to change the standard AR grip...can't stand those things)

Edited by Middle Man

Someone told me my orange and blue P-Mags weren't right (you know college football is mere weeks away).

Awesome! :cheers:

Krylon?

The P-Mags can be had from MagPul in orange and I found some blue electrical tape to play with... :D

The P-Mags can be had from MagPul in orange and I found some blue electrical tape to play with... :D

Where I can't seem to find them.

My dealer buys them from one of MagPul's wholesalers, they may not list them on their sight...however our friend Google found them easily

Awful color combination!!!!!! sick.gif sick.gif sick.gif

War Eagle Jack... :P

Middleman: how about give us a range report on that Charles Daly AR. We have one in stock and I'd like to know what to tell folks that ask.

Over the whole line of CDD rifles, they're building them in PA from quality components on par with the top brand name AR's. They went to the AR shooting community for research and feedback.

The race rifle is light and shoots flat. I've shot the pre-production sample of the race rifle with an ACOG mounted and it rocked. I wrote the specs for KBI and it's a wholesale exclusive item for my place of employment. It's based off ideas from 3 gun rifles my friends have been building for themselves around here (many thanks, ya'll know who you are).

I've spent a few rounds on the above pictured rifle sighting in the Burris 1-4, which doesn't have the best reticle for shooting little groups on paper, but the rifle was accurate. I swapped out the stock grip as I don't care for standard AR grips. Other than that, slap on an optic, and adjust the JP Gas Block. We'll see what it does in a match this weekend.

Middleman: how about give us a range report on that Charles Daly AR. We have one in stock and I'd like to know what to tell folks that ask.

Over the whole line of CDD rifles, they're building them in PA from quality components on par with the top brand name AR's. They went to the AR shooting community for research and feedback.

The race rifle is light and shoots flat. I've shot the pre-production sample of the race rifle with an ACOG mounted and it rocked. I wrote the specs for KBI and it's a wholesale exclusive item for my place of employment. It's based off ideas from 3 gun rifles my friends have been building for themselves around here (many thanks, ya'll know who you are).

I've spent a few rounds on the above pictured rifle sighting in the Burris 1-4, which doesn't have the best reticle for shooting little groups on paper, but the rifle was accurate. I swapped out the stock grip as I don't care for standard AR grips. Other than that, slap on an optic, and adjust the JP Gas Block. We'll see what it does in a match this weekend.

Yeah, I checked out the components in the rifle. Had a few questions/observations. I understand the in retail sale there is a certain point of diminishing returns on such a gun as to how many quality components you can include in the deal and it still be a viable seller/keep the cost down enough so that it doesn't scare off perspective buyers. I liked the choices made as to the parts included, but would have done just a few things differently... Imagine that, huh? First and namely make it a 1-8 twist barrel. If it could be procured cheap enough, then a low mass carrier. Possibly the option for a trigger upgrade, but this is a very subjective matter--some like JP, some CMC, Giselle, ect. I gues thats really about it, can't really find much to flaw with the rifle. It looks VERY close to the rifle I currently shoot and constructed. I do applaud CD's efforts so far.

Rained out...But several folks got to run the gun for a few mags worth today before the rain totally washed the day out.

Triggers are very subjective, but for an off the shelf rifle the CD's was clean. It needed a bit more force to break the shot that what most folks would like, but drop in some Yellow JP springs for an inexpensive fix or go all out with a brand-name modular trigger. I envisioned a better starting point in a rifle for a guy that didn't have the drawbacks of a 16" carbine and wasn't too heavy like other "target or match" AR's.

I had a chance to shoot this rifle and was well impressed with what they came up with. I like the combination of the 18" barrel with a rifle length gas system. Combined with an adjustable gas block and the supplied comp it shot very flat. The trigger was a bit heavy but clean and had a short reset which aided a bit in getting off fast doubles. I like the use of the carbon fiber float tube, however I would have prefered it not to have the slick gloss type finish. That should be easily fixed either by scuffing it up with sand paper or application of skateboard tape. I am still curious to see what kind of accuracy it would exhibit at range as we didn't have a chance to stretch it out any.

Still not sure about the mags though. Orange and blue??? What was he thinking?

Peter Adams

FY 39604

Edited by caspian guy