Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tangfolio V12 or V8(CALLING TANGFOLIO SHOOTERS)

shooterbenedetto

V8

38 Super Comp

8.6 Longshot

1.25AOL

Armscor brass

Can't recall crimp

Wolff 10lb spring

14lb hammer spring

Ranier plated 124gr RN

Winchester Pistol primers

168pf

I'm switching to Monana Gold 121 IFP. I used them before with SP1 in this gun, and liked them. There is a lot of variation in the Ranier's and I think I was getting occassional keyholeing with a tight crimp. It went away after loosening the crimp, but I still liked the MG better.

Henning's load info: http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?...114&hl=7625

Edited by Jeff686

If you get 121 IFPS to run reliable in a Tanfoglio you will be one of the few. They are not reliable in any of mine..

The V12 takes a little more powder then the V8..

for my V8 I like 7625 7.4 Gr - 1.240 OAL - Any super comp brass is fine, most of the time I use Armscor without a problem.

for the V12 it takes a little more.. just test...

I have also tried a lot of N350 and it takes about 8.3 in the V8 and 8.5 in the V12 not a lot of difference. N350 seems a little more harsh, but its mostly its the V12, its a little louder and seems more violent for a 2nd shot.

Leo

Edited by LeoHallak

If you get 121 IFPS to run reliable in a Tanfoglio you will be one of the few. They are not reliable in any of mine..

Leo

Um... now you've got me a little spooked. I started with 1k of the IPFs and SP2. When I ran out, I ran through 2500 of the Ranier. Never had any feeding problems.

Oh, well, I guess I'll find out soon enough. I've got a box of 3800 in the garage, just opened this weekend.

What kind of problems did you have?

Edited by Jeff686

IMR 7625 at 7.5 with 10lbs spring is FLAWLESS!! I just want the gun to kick back instead of

flipping up!

I was flinging 7625 out of the shells as my SDB auto-indexed. I don't remember how much I was using.

Not that I have compared them but the V12 is a shorter slide gun. One could postulate that the shorter gun might be more violent than the V8 which is longer, similar to what you see in shorty S_I Open guns. Just a thought.

I am going to be comparing 7625, N350, and 3N38 this weekend. I'll let you know what I come up with although mine has a custom comp and ports so I doubt anyone will be able to rely on this for stock V8s or V12s.

Just came back from the range.

IMR 7625 7.5g with 10.0recoil spring cut 2 coils

(dot seems softer and fast enough for a second shot recovery/ shorter dot up and down but wiggles around)

N350 8.5g with 10.0 recoil spring cut 2 coils

dot seems to be faster on dot recovery/ longer dot up and down

12.0lbs recoil spring

IMR 7625 7.5(dot flips medium but wiggles around to the left )

N350 8.5g ( dot goes up and down in a VERY STRAIGHT LINE!! AND ITS A LONG LINE! don't like it??)

WINNER!! IMR 7625 WITH 10.0 SPRING CUT 2 COILS

NEXT IS ACCURACY!! both loads were crimped at .377 to.378

group at 25m with 3 shots is horrible at 3.5 in? STANDING! maybe its me?

I'm using montana gold round nose 124g

I heard that crimp is very critical on the V12 or V8. Need to crimp to just hold the bullet.

a brand new brass with out resizing measures at .380

I'll try to crimp at .380 and .379 and see how it groups.

I'll keep everyone posted.

Edited by shooterbenedetto

Back from the range. Now remember this is a V6 with Hennings's Ti comp so..... your results may vary.

Temp 103

Wind 0

Humidity 23%

All rounds 1.22 OAL shooting 124 CMJ .355 MG projectiles Starline Supercomp brass fired a couple of times previously. 10 pound recoil spring.

7.56 IMR 7625

170.97 Recoil had a sharp initial impulse and then pretty good. Dot ran about 3/4 up the glass with a little wiggle on the way up.

8.19 N350

171.89 Recoil was pretty similar to 7625 without the initial sharp impulse. Dot went straight up and down. About 3/4 the way up the glass.

9.24 3N38

162.30 Sweet load but obviously not quite making Major yet. Dot went straight up and down with about 1/2 the dot movement of the other two and noticeably softer. Very accurate at about 1/2" at 18 yards resting my arms on a table.

Edited by Neomet

Accuracy test was definitely on the crimp.

Old crimp was .377 to .378 and group was 2.5 inch at 25yrds.(sandbag)

new crimp is now .380 and group is now .75 to .50 inch.(sandbag)

a BRAND NEW BRASS MEASURES .381 ( reference)

TESTED n350 vs IMR and it looks like

IMR will take less .40 compared to N350

ex: N350 is 8.4g for 168pf IMR is 8.0 for 168pf

NEW LOAD 165PF TO 166PF IS IMR 7.7/7.8g on V12

chrono at avg.1338fps

N350 165pf to 166 is 8.0g/8.1g

chrono at 1346fps

Edited by shooterbenedetto

NEW LOAD 165PF TO 166PF IS IMR 7.7/7.8g on V12

chrono at avg.1338fps

N350 165pf to 166 is 8.0g/8.1g

chrono at 1346fps

That's asking to go minor at the next big match that you shoot really well at ;)

...but it shoots really soft flat. :devil:

Edited by HoMiE

Well, if anyone has big cajones, it's Eric. :bow: :bow: :bow:

If I remember correctly he posted his load preference on his website, at least for his V8. I haven't looked there in a bit though.

Okay, so its 2:30 and I can't sleep. What else is there to do but scan the web? This is Erics preference for his V8:

Ammo lenght: 31,5mm

Brass: Armscor Rimless

Bullet: 124 Armscor jacketed for match, 148 grains RN Frontier for training

Primer: CCI Small Pistol 500

Powder: Vectan SP2 10 grains for match ammos, and 7.5 grains for training ammos

For the V12 he uses 10.2 of the SP2 to get around 167.

You also have to take into consideration that here in Europe we shoot under IPSC rules were the major PF starts at 160, and NOT 165 you have in USPSA!

So Mr Grauffels load of 166-167 have an ok margin of safety.

But with a 165PF you should probably get it up to 170-175.

If that's all you do is shoot, and have time to chrono each batch ammo in the same weather as the match, maybe you can run 167pf.

I thought I had at least 170pf, but chrono'd at Area 1 at 165.3. Luckily, I had a change of underware with me.

Edited by Jeff686

I wouldn't risk going to any away matches without a 170+ pf. Too many variables to consider to make it worth while risking minor. Altitude, humidity, barometer, powder lots, brass lots, sun spots, bad hair day....

Better to play it safe and be sure.