Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Texas Star manufacturers

Terry and Linda Asheton In West TX, I'll look to see If I have their INFO.

They are the Original "star" design and producers.

They "OKed" others to duplicate.

MGM makes a good quality star.

I would do business with either as they both support the sport. (MGM REALLY DOES)

Hopalong

Oh Flex,....... thats just precious considering its coming from the guy with the "rookie" racer as his avatar!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :roflol:

I think in the many times I've used the search function I've found what I was looking for once or twice?????? so what is my "rookie" mistake.

Trapr

PM'ed ya with Linda's number :)

Terry and Linda built the originals up there in San Angelo. Must be something in the water there in West Texas...the Texas Star, the (real) Bear Traps, the windmill...maybe too much beer and too much steel, all in the same place :cheers:

MGM makes one (and, as stated elsewhere, Mike asked Terry if it was OK before he went to market). Terry's Star comes with weight-matched plates (for consistant resets) and standard springs, as well as an extra light set of what he used to call ".22 springs," but now calls "Cowboy springs"...for use with powder-puff mouse-fart loads ;) ). Mike's is all rifle-grade steel, also with weight-matched plates.

Depends what you want; both are good people who make great products...and stand behind their stuff.

Other Stars are on the market...haven't seen any of the knock-offs that work worth a tinker's damn.

Alex

Edited by Wakal

I think in the many times I've used the search function I've found what I was looking for once or twice?????? so what is my "rookie" mistake.

Trapr

Works for me about every time.

I never use the little short-cut, I go to the search page itself.

Punch in "Texas Star" as the search term. Then click on the box so that it only looks in the title field. Search all forums.

Oh Flex,....... thats just precious considering its coming from the guy with the "rookie" racer as his avatar!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :roflol:

Trapr

Watch out TMan...Thats the Rookie Racer that will...."Put You Into the Wall"