Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2003 Three Gun Nationals

I think that the last shoot was at Piru last weekend but I may be wrong. Atta Boy Taran. It could not have happened to a nicer guy. I have taken several classes and gone to several matches with Taran and he has helped me get into this sport with a little jump start. We have talked about having a good attitude around new shooters and helping to make the match fun. Taran has done these things for me and others.

Jim

have you seen chuck bradley? he's fast, and has a lot of cameras on him. :D

The first time I met Chuck was at the 1997 Single Stack Classic.

I saw him shooting a field course (the one where you started with the little SA ultra compact then ran to your own gun) and he was FAST running accross the field.

I'm not talking "fast . . . for a big guy," but plain old FAST. :ph34r:

He's not a bad little shooter, either. ;)

Well, that was my first ever 3 gun Nationals event. It was a lot of fun, good courses and good RO's (mostly). I used my brand-spanking-new-never-been-shot-in-a-match SV and got 8th Overall in Limited pistol, and 1st B pistol. I used my brand-spanking-new-never-been-shot-in-a-match RRA 20" A4 and got 10th in Standard Rifle and 1st B rifle. So far I'm pretty happy. Shotgun was another story. I used my tried and true Rem 1100 that hasn't failed me in a match so far and it went single shot on me on the slug stage. Ended up getting 70th Standard shotgun and 22nd Overall in Limited, and 3rd B Limited. The slug stage cost me 1st B, but I knew what I was up against going in. The other members of Team Sand are serious 3 gunners and I knew it would be near impossible to beat them.

But it was fun, met some cool people, and I'll be back next year!