Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Skills Test

mikeseeklander

Hello Everyone. I am attaching a skills test that I have designed. It is a very simple set of skills that I would like shooters of various skill level and weapon type try and then send me the results. If you can't get this file, you can also get it on my website, www.shooting-performance.com. Please take the time to do the test, and I will release access to the database when finished.

I am attaching two files, one (word) that can be filled out, and one PDF.

Thanks!

Mike Seeklander

United States Shooting Academy and Shooting-Performance.com

----------------------------

mike,

this is a cool idea and i am anxious to try the skillstest

unfortunately i use a Mac computer and cannot open the file from the forum or your website could you post

a mac friendly version

Hi there, sorry you can't read the file, but I created it on a MAC with word (for macs). I will post a PDF, but am not sure if you can fill out the form via a PDF. Thanks!

---------------------------

I am posting in both word (that should be easy to fill out), and PDF, which you may have to fax to me.

Thanks!

Mike Seeklander

Skillstest.doc

Skillstest.pdf

ARe you interested in individual tests ? or dont want the info until all tests are complete ?

I will take any information that I can get! It will be easier for me to plug the data if I get a complete test, but by all means send me whatever you have, as long as it is accurate! Thanks!

Yep, got the email this morning and have perused the test. I'll try to get most of it done this week, work, wife, and the pups allowing. My results will definitely skew some of the overall, but they're factual. Not many D's can whip out .7 ish draws @ 10 yards and A/C hits consistently, but I can. The rest of my game is so freaking shaky, hence the D class. I am soooo much quicker with my M&P now that I am CZ free. I will email all of the results I have put together by Friday.

Just a note, I'm not sure what you're looking for and I don't want to sound anal, but the BILL DRILL is done at 7 yards and the EL Presidente starts with a turning draw. Could cause some confusion and statistical anomalies if guys go to the range and don't have the instruction sheet to read. Most IPSC guys would probably do the drills correctly, but not as you described. Some would do exactly as described. The differences could be big for the lower class shooters. I'm real interested in this and the results. Will probably take me several days, but I'll get it done. I can't wait to see the results broken down and compiled for the different classes and divisions.

• 2 weeks later...

mike,

unfortunately i use a Mac computer and cannot open the file from the forum or your website could you post

a mac friendly version

I dunno Mike... if you want us to help you build a database it seems like a hat or shirt are in order. :D

Ha! Come see me at the USSA 110 in August and I'll get you a hat!

:P My fat ass would go belly-up in that heat. :D

• 1 month later...
Hello Everyone. I am attaching a skills test that I have designed. It is a very simple set of skills that I would like shooters of various skill level and weapon type try and then send me the results. If you can't get this file, you can also get it on my website, www.shooting-performance.com. Please take the time to do the test, and I will release access to the database when finished.

I am attaching two files, one (word) that can be filled out, and one PDF.

Thanks!

Mike Seeklander

----------------------------

mike,

a mac friendly version

Thank You I will use this test soon.

rod.

Hi there, sorry you can't read the file, but I created it on a MAC with word (for macs). I will post a PDF, but am not sure if you can fill out the form via a PDF. Thanks!

---------------------------

I am posting in both word (that should be easy to fill out), and PDF, which you may have to fax to me.

Thanks!

Mike Seeklander