Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rampage Jackson

chp5

I wanted Forrest Griffin to win - and he did.

It's rare for a fighter to be gracious in a close decision, but Jackson was:

“He whupped my ass,” said a gracious Jackson. “Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. He deserves it.”

I'm a new Rampage fan . . .

I saw the fight, and I have to agree, Jackson got his ass whopped. I wonder what really happened here though, that WAS NOT the Rampage Jackson I have seen battle it out in the past!

I think a huge part of this is that he hadn't fought in a long time. I wonder if Liddell will get to fight Forrest after he beats Rashad Evans? I guess it doesn't matter though now that Anderson Silva is moving up to light heavyweight. I don't know if he is beatable at this point in time. I would love to see a Liddell and Anderson Silva fight.

Pete

Brandon Vera is still fighting. His most recent fight was against Fabricio Verdum in UFC 85, on 7 Jun 08. Unfortunately he lost that fight in a TKO from punches.

I think Brandon is a good fighter; however he has lost his last two fights, and in the UFC that could mean disaster for his stay in the big game! Might be good for Brandon though, because with Afliction coming around, he can always go there after the UFC releases him from his contract, should he lose one more fight!

Edited by Glockster35

Brandon Vera is still fighting. His most recent fight was against Fabricio Verdum in UFC 85, on 7 Jun 08. Unfortunately he lost that fight in a TKO from punches.

I think Brandon is a good fighter; however he has lost his last two fights, and in the UFC that could mean disaster for his stay in the big game! Might be good for Brandon though, because with Afliction coming around, he can always go there after the UFC releases him from his contract, should he lose one more fight!

Vera is fighting the next free one on spike when Silva fights. I can't remember who he fights. But since Silva is moving up I think the universe is gong to fold into itself because there are so may good fighters in the light heavyweight division. Who knows what will happen.

Thanks. UFC 85 is the 1st UFC I've missed in awhile and I never checked the card.

There is a good website for MMA video's, try MMA Scraps. Usually within a few hours of an event, the videos are posted.

As far as Spider Silva beating Liddell, I think there is a good possibility of that happening, and I think Dana White is pushing for that to happen.

A lot of people are claiming that the Griffin and Jackson fight was a set up, so Liddell could get the belt back sooner. I am not a follower of this thought process, I saw Griffin kick Jacksons ass!

There is a good website for MMA video's, try MMA Scraps. Usually within a few hours of an event, the videos are posted.

As far as Spider Silva beating Liddell, I think there is a good possibility of that happening, and I think Dana White is pushing for that to happen.

A lot of people are claiming that the Griffin and Jackson fight was a set up, so Liddell could get the belt back sooner. I am not a follower of this thought process, I saw Griffin kick Jacksons ass!

I like Jackson as well, he's a stand up guy, and real. But also wanted Forest to win.... Won a 12 pack off that... Jackson just wasn't ready for those leg kicks. Forest had a better plan and personally I think he was in better shape for the fight this time. We'll see what happens next.

I truly believe as mentioned above that the UFC does want Liddell as the LHW champ. He's been the poster boy for MMA for a long time now and is hands down the biggest draw. I've been a fan of his GSP's and Anderson Silva for years now. I've been really impressed with Roger Huerta as well. I can't wait for his next fight. What's great about MMA now is that there is finally money to be made so I think we'll see a lot more dedicated fighters. I'm really looking forward to next weeks Fight Night.

Several issues have come up since the fight.

1. Rampage did in fact go on a driving RAMPAGE on the streets of California.

2. I saw a video interview he had done prior to the driving RAMPAGE and he was definately on SOMETHING.

3. He was arrested again (hopefully for treatment), after being bailed out, because his friends and family said he was acting strange.

I sure hope they get him some help, and get him back on track. I would hate to see the guy screw his whole life up.