Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I know people have been batting around the idea of a non-scoring .22 "fun class" with no draws/mag changes/etc., geared towards introductory shooters.

But with all the .22 conversion kits available from Ciener, Bob Marvel, etc., wouldn't it be cool to have a .22 class WITH draws, mag changes, and everything else using these things?

Cheap ammo, no recoil, no picking up brass, etc.

I think it'd be a blast. What do y'all think?

Kids? Heck, I think it would be fun for ME! Maybe use 1/3 scale targets or something.

In a way, it would sort of be the IPSC competition ideal; afterall, think of all the money most people spend on compensators, extra heavy guide rods, etc. all in an effort to reduce recoil and/or muzzle flip.

With .22's you'd have none. Might be kinda hard to calibrate poppers though.

We have a monthly steel shoot in our area, fine to run the .22 there with the static steel, but I would not like to see it in IPSC/USPSA.

I know we want to attract people, but I think that would be the wrong way to go.

IPSC's moto is DVC = Speed, POWER, Acuracy

To Wide45: Encourage sales of conversion kits (might pic up some more industry interest in our sport), cheap practice, and just plain ol' fun.

To Loves2Shoot: Yeah . . . right. And what about Accuracy? I haven't seen much of that lately. I know, way back in the day, IPSC emerged from the primordial ooze of "combat shooting" and is supposed to remain somewhat faithful to those ideals (at least, while Jeff Cooer is still alive).

But for the most part, I acknowledge this facade and leave the hardcore defensive combat type stuff to the IDPA guys, what with their "proper use of cover", "failure to do right" penalties, and having civilian Ros telling SWAT-qualified LEOs (who also happen to be master class IPSC shooters) that they aren't being "tactical" enough.

To Loves2Shoot: Yeah . . . right. And what about Accuracy? I haven't seen much of that lately.

You obviously didn't make it to last year's racegun nats, or this years Area 1 then. Most of the clubs I shoot make accuracy count, if yours don't, do something about it, besides complain about the good old days. I guarantee if you don't have all three (DVC) come September, you will be piling up penalties.