Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Claydot vs CLAYS

mwx40x40

Claydot by Alliant claims to be identical to CLAYS , but more economical. Anybody tried this in pistol calibers?

I have'nt but will be interested in the replys. I've wondered the same thing myself.

• 5 weeks later...

ill buy a can and see.

Ill be testing with 230 grain Lead round nose(and 225 grain lead flat point) unless i find a decent deal on other bullets locally.

Ill keep you posted on the results.

Harmon

• 3 weeks later...
ill buy a can and see.

Ill be testing with 230 grain Lead round nose(and 225 grain lead flat point) unless i find a decent deal on other bullets locally.

Ill keep you posted on the results.

Harmon

Any testing completed yet? I am looking at picking up something for my 230GR loads, and this one is on my radar.

• 3 weeks later...

An email from Ben, a consumer service manager who has been helpful in the past with other non-posted data-

"I am sorry but we have not developed any data for Clay Dot in handgun cartridges. For the cartridges you have mentioned, (9MM,.40 S&W,.45ACP)Unique would be a good choice. Have you tried it before?

Thanks for your interest in contacting us and let me know if you have any additional questions.

Ben Amonette

Consumer Service Manager

Alliant Powder Company "

Soooo...... proceed at your own risk, as no official testing has been done. Oh well, it was worth asking.