Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

texas star

EEH

I am looking for a TEXAS STAR-do any of you guys & gals know where I can get one-this is to be used with my match at my club ((( thanks in advance)))Eddie send info and pict.to rivercat6061@yahoo.com or post here. :cheers:

I am looking for a TEXAS STAR-do any of you guys & gals know where I can get one-this is to be used with my match at my club ((( thanks in advance)))Eddie send info and pict.to rivercat6061@yahoo.com or post here. :cheers:

Try FFL on these forums. He makes all kinds of quality targeting sysytems. <_<

The original is made by Terry and Linda Ashton in San Angelo Texas.

R&R Racing (Robert Wright) and MGM Targets also make versions of the star.

I've also seen video of a version with 6 plates instead of 5, but have no idea

if it's available commercially.

Bill

Did you try using the search function? We have a number of Texas Star threads...similar to what you are asking.

yes ,tried,I am kind new at this, nothing came back but i have sent out two e-mails thanks :rolleyes:

Our club bought one from Terry and Linda in 2003. Since then I have had to relpace 1 bolt !!!!!! :D

My guess is they are a little higher now since the cost of steel has gone way up since but MGM also supports our sport extrememly well. I have shot a few of his stars too and they are quality products.

IF I had to buy another I'd contact Terry and Linda, then Mike at MGM.

FWIW.

HOP

Settle for nothing but the original from Terry Ashton. I've seen the copies and they don't measure up.

texasstartarget@yahoo.com

TERRYandSTAR.jpg

thanks for info this it the one I want eeh :roflol:

Our club bought one from Terry and Linda in 2003. Since then I have had to relpace 1 bolt !!!!!! :D

My guess is they are a little higher now since the cost of steel has gone way up since but MGM also supports our sport extrememly well. I have shot a few of his stars too and they are quality products.

FWIW.

HOP

Our local range has had a couple of stars (not sure of the manufacturer) for several years, and although they have lasted very well, we have had a few more maintenance issues than yours. The higher quality ones mentioned above are definitely worth the price.

I would strongly second Pin Shooter's recommendation to contact FFL. He's a revolver guy who is active right here on this forum, and everything I have seen made by his company is excellent quality stuff.

Why give business to someone you don't even know when you can give business to a friend?

FWIW.

HOP

Thanks for the plug Hopalong!

Adios,

TG

TG,

No problem, You deserve the plug no doubt ! :cheers:

While we're on the subject of steel targets, Check out MGM on their Steel Challenge target program.

AND the biggest thing they do.................

Check out their range GRANT program. :bow::bow::bow:

Thanks for your support MGM targets !!!!!

Oh I forgot to mention, MGM really supports the sport. And they also sent my 3 gun match I was MD for some goodies ! :cheers::cheers::cheers:

Hopalong

Hello,

sorry for the late reply, Boy Scout Camp all last week and I just recovered all day yesterday.

I do make Texas Stars in both a 5 point and 6 point. If there are any questions after you have looked at the information please PM me or call me (number is on website) Secure Firearm Products

There is also video there.

We make the best star on the market and it was proven when a competitor looked at your product at the Shot Show and said "You did that right great design"

David

Hello,

sorry for the late reply, Boy Scout Camp all last week and I just recovered all day yesterday.

I do make Texas Stars in both a 5 point and 6 point. If there are any questions after you have looked at the information please PM me or call me (number is on website) Secure Firearm Products

There is also video there.

We make the best star on the market and it was proven when a competitor looked at your product at the Shot Show and said "You did that right great design"

David

pm sent (eeh)