Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

A5 looks like a good preview of what the big-dogs will be shooting at Nationals (FGN).

Bryant and I were thinking that TGO could stand to get a few more points (minor shooting is tough)...but, he managed to win against a pretty good field. That must be why he is TGO!!!

flex,

TGO only won by 50 match points! :D

lynn

Well, I have him winning by 75 match points.

But, that is a good point...he was waaay off. lol :D:lol:

Seriously though, I think if he shot Production very often, he would dial in on those points (alphas) in a hurry. Kinda like Jarrett did on the 3rd day of the FGN's last year.

Those big-dogs are amazing...

Anyone have any some news from the match?

As all of you now know, the results are out. Congrats to everyone who participated!! Great stages, great match, and GREAT weather!! Many thanks to the Tri-County Gun Club and the entire No. IL Section for putting together a great event!! ;)

Just want to thank all the people involved in putting on the match. It was very challenging, had a very good mix of stages. The boat stage was neat. It looked alot worse than it really was. I still say IPSC has some of the most demented people around when it come to designing crazy stages.

Good match,,,,made me think a lot. I was fortunate enough to shoot on Sunday. Seeing the posted stats made me really think about my approach to some stages.

I'm currently a C class shooter and seeing all the mikes and the near 7 hit factor on the "Classical Gas" stage and just the number of mikes on the boat stage made me slow down a lot of those stages and just survive.

I mean, an alpha per second on a 7 hit factor stage, gets me score in the B range,,,,,,,so why go fast. C's and no mikes shoots my class......I can shoot 1 second alphas and charlies all day long and that was a survival stage for me. Same with the boat,,,,,,at C class there was not need to try to "burn it down".

Here's the kicker with the boat,,,,I saw a lot of people walking between the dock and the boat trying to figure that stage out since you couldn't play on the boat, but I really didn't "get it" till I walked behind the dock and checked out the stage from the targets perspective,,,,,man that made that stage a lot easier to shoot since I could get an idea of the angles. I didn't see many people do that......

After those two stages, it was a matter to shooting to my strengths on the rest of the stages, minimizing mental mistakes, and mikes.

Thanks to all that worked the match and helped build the stages. Good work, good match, I really enjoyed myself.

H4444

H4444,

"The Dock" was cool but without the ability to get in the boat during the walk through made for some suprises. Shouldn't have worn spikes on that one!!!

"Classical Gas" was a make or brake stage for many. Did you notice that the classic targets on the right array were up side down?

Sure wasn't a hoser match. I was able to get away 47 down total without any Mikes or penalties. No major disasters and even two minor ones would not have made a big difference anyway. A couple of places higher but out of the money.

Just see what you need to see and everything else just happens. It sounds like you have got the right attitude. :D

Thanks,,,that was the best match I had ever shot. Looks like I may have earned a promotion out of it. (2nd C with a 61% overall score),,,,,not sure how or if anything else factors in, in terms of GM performance, number of GM's or anything,,,,,,I'm not a walking rule book. :lol:

I noticed the targets on Classical Gas, but due to the low hit factor, I was focusing on center of mass,,,,didn't want to get too "fancy" and end up hitting no-shoots or misses......I was shooting for the "big areas"

The dock really did click if you checked things out from the target side of the dock. I was around 30 seconds,,,,,the thing that hurt me was due to my size, I can move smoothly, but that damn boat is going to move no matter what I do. :P

Another lesson that really set in,,,,,consistency against your "class" peers is GOOD. I didn't win a single stage against my fellow C class shooters (28), I had a couple 2nds, mostly 4ths, a couple middle of the packs, and one 20-something that we won't discuss.

Moral of the story,,,,if you shoot after some stats are posted, get more out of them than how buddies did,,,,,they can help you plan your strategy too. There were a lot of M's and GM's with mikes on stages and some slower times (relative to their class),,,,,take those as hints and consider that as we mere mortals are planning our runs.

When I saw some of the high classed shooters times on a couple stages, I just knew surviving with clean runs would really help.

H4444