Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Philippine Independence Day Shoot Fest

Philippine Independence Day Shoot Fest

The Philippine Department of Tourism in conjunction with Norco Running Gun present the Philippine Independence Day Shoot Fest on June 13, 2008! Experience the rush of IPSC competition at the pistol club of the finest kababayan competitors.

Six challenging courses of fire that will both entertain and challenge those who have always wanted to experience a shooting sport. We encourage new shooters - "Huwag po kayong mag-alala, at aalalayan po namin ang shooters every step of the way”. Great prizes, such as round trip tickets to the Philippines, plus other fun gifts are up for raffle to all competitors!

Gun owners are welcome to use your own equipment - minimum 9mm or 38 Special for score, bring at least 150 rounds and two magazines. Loaner equipment will be available with advance notification. No charge for the loaner pistols, just pay for the ammunition.

$65 match fee (payable to Norco Running Gun) includes refreshments during the match, a fabulous banquet dinner, trophies and raffle tickets.

Check in at 8:30AM, Safety Briefing at 9:30AM, Match begins at 10:00AM

Download, print and complete the Match Registration Form (in PDF or Word format) and mail to:

Philippine Tourism Office

3660 Wilshire Blvd, #216

Los Angeles, CA 90010

For further information, please contact:

Jojo Vidanes - 951.738.0207

Philippine Tourism Office - 213.487.4525

Buddy Bautista, Match Coordinator - 909.598.7333

Abraham Lim - 626.274.6423

Erwin Nepomuceno - 213.392.6537

http://nrg.jvdynamics.com/nrg/article.php?...008051115082045

Anyone know what time they are starting and how long to get through? Gota be at work in the afternoon...

Your best bet is to call JoJo and ask. It says above that shooting starts at 10:00. Since there should be some novice shooters and families and such, I don't think it will run all that quickly. A bit more relaxed than the usual Norco match...

Later,

Chuck

Is this going to be a IPSC match or a USPSA match?

Bob,

You know it is sometimes not easy to get a straight answer but the app shows a SS division and no Modified or Standard so I would have to guess it is USPSA. A call to JoJo or Jimmy should clear it up.

Later,

Chuck

ChuckS WHERE WERE YOU?

Well I went and had a great time. I didn't shoot well but I had a great time.

I just wanted to say thanks to all who made my Friday fun and fed me very well in the process.

Jojo V and Dennis Cruz, Ed Benedetto, Eva Subido, Jaime Almazan, Henry Toribio, and Steve from Fullerton. ( I'm sorry I don't know your last name yet.) That was a blast. I hope to see you all at another shoot and wish you the best until then. :bow:

Nice to meet youEd. You are a class act. It was sure fun to see you all having as much fun as I was and the ribbing going on at that match was hilarious! I got laughed at for my procedural and even I laughed :blush::goof:

Met people, got good tips, found a new place to shoot, and did it all on a Friday.(Meaning while many were working, we were shooting!)

And if any of you go out to Norco to shoot, get the pig on a stick early, cause that guy runs out early.( Grilled meat and shooting, was I in heaven?) B)

Thanks, JZ

P.S. I will be there next year! Happy Philippine Independence Day(Belated)

ChuckS WHERE WERE YOU?

I just wanted to say thanks to all who made my Friday fun and fed me very well in the process.

Jojo V and Dennis Cruz, Ed Benedetto, Eva Subido, Jaime Almazan, Henry Toribio, and Steve from Fullerton. ( I'm sorry I don't know your last name yet.) That was a blast. I hope to see you all at another shoot and wish you the best until then. :bow:

Nice to meet youEd. You are a class act. It was sure fun to see you all having as much fun as I was and the ribbing going on at that match was hilarious! I got laughed at for my procedural and even I laughed :blush::goof:

Met people, got good tips, found a new place to shoot, and did it all on a Friday.(Meaning while many were working, we were shooting!)

And if any of you go out to Norco to shoot, get the pig on a stick early, cause that guy runs out early.( Grilled meat and shooting, was I in heaven?) B)

Thanks, JZ

Jimmy,

I was hoping to go but I thought a day in the office would be a lot more fun :angry2: . I am glad you had a good time. See ya soon!

Later,

Chuck

ChuckS WHERE WERE YOU?

Thanks, JZ

JZ - I'm usually a forum surfer but I had to reply. Great shooting with you too. It was a good squad!

LittleE

LittleE,

Thanks and I can sincerely say the same to you. I hope to come out to Yuma when I get a chance. ( Hopefully before the years end.) You are right, that squad was good. But I learned some good things about managing your match. You need to bring a chair and your own drinks. Also, don't wear your floppy hat during a stage when the wind is blowing! (Might cover your eyes when you least expect it! :surprise: )

I just got home from riding and need to get some sleep. Oncew again nice to meet and shoot with you, tell Jaime I said the same.

JZ