Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Social Security Adminstration

bountyhunter

I know, they are part of the government so that means (by definition) they are stupid, lazy, and don't give a damn if they do their job right. They completely omitted two years of my earnings from my work history which lowers my benefits.

I go downtown to the federal building to get it straightened out.... and have to park on the street (two hour maximum at a meter). So I walk to the building and find:

They have new security "procedures": everybody has to empty their pockets, answer questions, they run you on the computer, etc.... and of course, only ONE GUY is doing this while eight other guys stand there and watch. So, a long line was there just to enter the stupid BUILDING.... there's 45 minutes I'll never get back.

So, I finally get in and head upstairs and find:

about 75 people all waiting to get served at the ONE WINDOW that is open.... and these were clearly "immigration related issues". Didn't hear a word of Engish except for the profanity running through my mind.

So, I waited until the expiring meter forced me to leave.

What a waste of my life.

Edited by bountyhunter

Once they sent me a letter saying my disability payments had stopped because I was dead. Why were they sending me a letter if I was dead?

Then the woman refused to start my payments back up or pay me for the months they didn't pay me. I had to get a supervisor and then I had to remind them that they could, and according to their own web site, should pay me in advance for the months they had skipped.

Fortunately all came through but I still got nasty notices until I called down and had the first woman fired. She kept wanting to have my payments stopped because SHE didn't want to approve them.

Once they sent me a letter saying my disability payments had stopped because I was dead. Why were they sending me a letter if I was dead?

Then the woman refused to start my payments back up or pay me for the months they didn't pay me. I had to get a supervisor and then I had to remind them that they could, and according to their own web site, should pay me in advance for the months they had skipped.

Fortunately all came through but I still got nasty notices until I called down and had the first woman fired. She kept wanting to have my payments stopped because SHE didn't want to approve them.

Well hell man, I wouldn't want to deal with an angry dead man either!!!!

:cheers:

Wow Bounty. Sorry to hear about the trouble. I had that happen (they only left one year off mine) and I too had to hit the local office. What a breeze! I was in and out in 1/2 an hour, 45 minutes tops. Nice people, easy to deal with and they had me fixed up in no time. They had a receptionist type person and as soon as I told her what my problem was she sent me to the head of the line!

I guess it's like darn near everything else... It just depends on the local office people.

My most recent contact with the SSA was with the local office when my elderly mother lost her purse, and she had to obtain a new SS card, along with a medicare card. The clearly disabled employee we encountered was friendly, and made a sincere effort to cut through the red tape to help us.

The picture of a firearm and a knife with a red line through them on the entrance door made me shake my head. It's really sad when men can be forced to carry a rifle into foreign wars by the Federal government, but are refused their right to bear arms on Federal property in their own country. :rolleyes:

There is just something about seeing 60 people waiting to get "service" from one brain dead moron that screams "your government at work".....

That "full contact" search just to get in the front door was a surprise too.

Edited by bountyhunter

Maybe it's like those tribes that have several levels of dead? :roflol:

Maybe it's like those tribes that have several levels of dead? :roflol:

I can just picture some brain dead moron arguing with a person and telling him he MUST be dead because they're records say he's dead.... :wacko:

"I can just picture some brain dead moron arguing with a person and telling him he MUST be dead because they're records say he's dead...."
Goofier stuff has happened... There is virtually no limit to stupidity. <_<

It took six years to get a SS card with my married name on it....Every time I went to the SSA office, I would give up after two hours of waiting. I did that three times...and then I picked a Wednesday morning about 10:30am...Managed to get thru in about 35 minutes....

It makes the DMV look like crack addicts on double espresso!