Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

People that back out of a deal to make a few bucks.

mpolans

So I talked to a guy on Saturday and negotiated a decent price for 2004 Sportster Custom...as it was already a pretty good price, he was only willing to come down $50. TWe agreed that I would pay for it and pick it up next week since the bank was closed till Monday.

The next day, he sends me an email telling me he sold it to somebody for the full price (an extra $50.) :angry:

You know, I sometimes expect this from some punk teenager, but not from a 59 year old guy who didn't sound like an obvious dirtbag.

Consider yourself lucky. If his word wasn't good, then he probably lied about how the bike was maintained and whethere it needed any work.

Exactly. :angry: Even though that probably doesnt make you feel any better, a better deal will probably come around, and hopefully Karma will get the other guy in the long run.

I think I got that beat. I was selling my law school books on Craigslist. Two different law school students said that they wanted to purchase the books, we agreed on a price, and they were supposed to come and pick them up. Both of them reneged, and after I contacted them to see if they were still going to buy them, they tried to re-negotiate the price.

Well, I ended up getting a different bike. Not quite as good a deal as a first, but still pretty good and I like the color (blue) better. I'll probably post pics in the picture forum later.