Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Two trips to DQ

AWLAZS

ALWAZS,

Bummer about the DQ.

Hats off to you - for the way you handled the DQ.

On that A7 stage "What's up Sport" I opted for the strong hand route and it worked for me - I did waste a small amount of time (few tenths) placing the football in the end zone and decided not to drop the football as I saw a few footballs come close to bouncing out.

-I too saw several shooters drop the prop (football), I also saw one guy hold the prop in his mouth and a girl put it in her shirt (Dolly Parton like :) ).

-I think with shooting the finger placement needs to be secoond nature - force of habit - with proper practice this should happen.

Good Luck.

Paul

I shoot with Randy all the time................that may be good or bad ;)

He is one of the safest shooters I know. We spent quite a bit of time talking about what happened and I know how bad he feels about the DQ's. He is super conscious about what is happening while he is shooting a stage and the football DQ was one of those things that just happened. He indeed was a great sport about the whole thing and I look forward to shooting with him again soon.

And yes, I was the idiot that chased the damn basketball :angry2:

Range report. The gun works 100%.

I did around 100 reloads moving and static without any problems. I was shooting at a plate about 15 yards out and was getting the reload done and back on target in 1.3. I did not have any AD's or problems at all.

I feel better about that

I spent another trip to the range doing live fire reloads. On two reloads I messed up flipping the gun going for the mag release this caused me to grip the gun a llittle more and I made contact with the side of the trigger. No shot was fired but I see how it could have happened.

I have short fingers so I have to flip the gun every now and then I don't hit the release well. NOw I know what to work on.

• 2 weeks later...

AWLAZS,

I too have short fingers and I have to "flip" the gun and regrip for reloads. I did one a few years back while practicing and actually drug my second finger down the side of the trigger on the "flip" to get the mag button thus making the unmistakable "BANG" that does not fit.

You have found the culprit, mine was the only time I've even gotten close to it but it does happen. Keeping all other things safe while doing so make it a better outcome.

commendations for asking for input out here where everyone and their brother and sister can read it.

Hopalong

Thanks for the kind words guys. Does any one make a magreleas that is just a bit larger the a big button but smaller then a paddle.

I shot a match this weekend. The whole match Yeah

Randy,

I really like these:

http://www.dawsonprecision.com/ProductDeta...0000-1094593467

Have it on both guns. Not too big so I don't "bump" it as I did with the larger ones.

Nice match Saturday, you shot really well. Seen results yet?

That is what I have I am looking for a little bigger.

I will mail you a bigger one in mail today. I think I have just what you want.

Glyn

OK, after seeing the video, sounded like a 28-30 round, 25 second stage. Drop the ball on the start and hose the targets freestyle instead of strong hand only! 10 points in a 30 round, 25 second stage is only 6.666%. BUT, I bet you'd run 2.5 seconds faster going freestyle and not having to lay the ball down for those first 4 targets. That's 10% points gained in time for 6.666% lost in penalty. A good tradeoff! Of course, if the stage description read strong hand only...

Not following stage outline is -10, gaining an advantage can get you -10 per shot on top of that........Better ask about penalties first. Dam@ Scott you just started shooting open, but I like the way you think! :roflol:

Edited by markm

• 2 months later...

I think I have an answer to what happened. I was using the pro grip stuff that day. I don't use it much.

Today in practice I went to reload and the gun did not slide in my hand click. I had pro grip on.

Not that it is bad stuff. I just dont use it much.