Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Overnight shipping that isn't

bberkley

Thursday morning I broke the decapping pin in my "U" die, and scrambled around to find local vendors of Lee dies, and there were none to be had. Called a few places outside of my AO, and got one that promised overnight shipping for Friday delivery of some spares so I could get my ammo loaded for the weekend.

I got a hold of a friend that I knew used Lee equipment who doesn't shoot much anymore, and borrowed the pins out of his dies (one to replace mine, one spare) on Thursday evening so I could get my ammo done.

Friday rolls around, and the only thing that shows up from UPS is some Limcat gear. Good thing my friend hooked me up, otherwise I would have been buying 600 rounds of .40 with components to load about 4000 rounds sitting on the bench.

:angry2:

I ship a LOT of stuff for my business. Both Fed Ex and UPS have delivery guarantees. If the vendor did their part and the delivery company screwed up, call them with the tracking number and they'll refund you.

I think that UPS was having some delivery problems last week. I believe I heard a quick blurb on CNBC or somewhere about a pilot slowdown.

I have a PC and monitor that was to be delivered no later than Friday. (Set aside the weekend to get it up and running for Monday's business.)

I kept checking the tracking number and it did not give the detailed information I've come to expect. Come Friday and I see its been rescheduled for Monday. And thats for a package that was supposed to come to Houston from Dallas.

Bill

I recently shipped some items Express overnight...After filling out the paperwork and getting ready to pay, I find out they don't have express am for that area...So I logically, say OK I'll take next afternoon delivery...but they insist on charging the premium fee as if delivery by 10 am...grrrr...I paid...

UPS is typically more reliable for ground. FedEx is horrible for ground, but still excellent for overnight. We had so many problems with FedEx ground that customers started requesting UPS. But most of what I ship is heavy and ground.

Guy I work with works for UPS at night loading planes. He came in friday and said UPS and Fed Ex were merging.

I was horrified.

Then he said the new name would be "Fed Up!".

Thank god it was a joke, I do like fed ex service over brown for overnight.

Ted