Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

S&W Survey

cmzneb

Received an email survey today from S&W since I recently purchased a new S&W revolver. They were fishing for some new product ideas I found interesting....

Would you be interested in a 9mm (moonclip) revolver?

Would you be interested in revolver that shoots .45LC/.410 shotgun shells? (Hmmmmm, they're probably taking note of how many of these things Taurus is selling)

Interest in an 8 shot .357?

There were a few others too, but I can't remember, and of course I can't reaccess the survey.

I got the same survey, the only one they listed that I had much interest in was the medium frame 4" barrel 9mm with moons, the rest were all geared toward concealed carry. I believe it was a black 2 1/2" barrel lightweight 8 shot 357, good for hand punishment I guess :unsure: . I was kinda hoping for resurrection of the 16-4, but I don't think that will happen anytime soon.

I wish they would make a 6 shot 40 S&W L frame with a 5.5" underlugged barrel and moonclips.

Add my vote: nonPC 646 with a 5-51/2 barrel would be perfect for IPSC revo division.

Would like also the same gun with 9 Luger chambers, moonclipped of course.

I wish Ruger or even Taurus would get remotely interested in making us some gamer DA wheelguns.Then and only then would Smith seriously think about building some of the guns we'd like.Until then I'll probably stick to dreaming instead of spending.-Mike

I wish they would make a 6 shot 40 S&W L frame with a 5.5" underlugged barrel and moonclips.

Add my vote: nonPC 646 with a 5-51/2 barrel would be perfect for IPSC revo division.

Short Ti cylinder, 6 1/2" barrel, L frame, .40 S&W. I'd shoot a .40. Would be a neat gun.

Received an email survey today from S&W since I recently purchased a new S&W revolver. They were fishing for some new product ideas I found interesting....

Would you be interested in revolver that shoots .45LC/.410 shotgun shells? (Hmmmmm, they're probably taking note of how many of these things Taurus is selling)

There were a few others too, but I can't remember, and of course I can't reaccess the survey.

If there is a "write in" ballot on the survey, tell them the new gun I would like them to make is a gun that shows up with a proper barrel-cylinder gap, cylinder carry up, decent trigger and barrel alignment.

If there is a "write in" ballot on the survey, tell them the new gun I would like them to make is a gun that shows up with a proper barrel-cylinder gap, cylinder carry up, decent trigger and barrel alignment.

Keep dreaming, you may win the lottery some day as well.

Where can I get one of these survey's? I have seen some really bad Performance Center guns lately, had a 327 that you could hardly pull the trigger and none of the cylinders were in time or even close. Sent it back 3 times before they got it right.

Where can I get one of these survey's? I have seen some really bad Performance Center guns lately, had a 327 that you could hardly pull the trigger and none of the cylinders were in time or even close. Sent it back 3 times before they got it right.
A cynical man might think "PC" stands for "pretty crappy".....

A cynical man might think "PC" stands for "pretty crappy".....

Last night at the range I tried a 629 Classic Hunter ( 90-92 era, pre PC) of a friend.

Gorgeous gun with fantastic single and double action.

I own another with the same features.

My PC 627 8 times (99-2000) is ways below in every respect, except price.

I have to wade in here. My wife wants a 6 shot 38 super with moon clips for the stock revolver division at the PSA shootout. She has an 8 shot Super for Open Revolver. Prefers this over .38 or .45.

Never had a problem with any of her hard kicking pin guns in .357 or .45. All are good quaility although she has action jobs done on the trigger.

Mike

Short Ti cylinder, 6 1/2" barrel, L frame, .40 S&W. I'd shoot a .40. Would be a neat gun.

Sign me up!!!!!

Hey, I think it'd be cool if they made a 5" 625!

What a novel idea ;) . I totally agree. Can't figure out why they quit making them in the first place. Sure has sent the prices up and availability down, though.

Or better yet with a 6 1/2" barrel. I shoot 6" and 8 3/8" 617's and have found I really like the longer barrels.

Edited by Tom E

Hey, I think it'd be cool if they made a 5" 625!

What a novel idea ;) . I totally agree. Can't figure out why they quit making them in the first place. Sure has sent the prices up and availability down, though.

Or better yet with a 6 1/2" barrel. I shoot 6" and 8 3/8" 617's and have found I really like the longer barrels.

Have to agree with you there. Just bought a 6 1/2" 25 that will go to Mr. Carmoney before too long.