Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Thoughts on 9mm steel gun.

Hello: What do you guys think of a 9mm comped, iron sighted steel pistol. It would be used for fun steel matches and general plinking. It would also kinda look cool as well. Let me know what you think. Be kind though ;-) Thanks, Eric

Take a look at the CZ 75 Champion. That fits exactly the gun you're looking for and it's already done. You could get Angus to do any extra work you might need but I know of at least one guy shooting one right out of the box and he loves it. I saw one in a local store a little while ago, but I'm not sure if it's still available in the US although I just looked online and it's still in their catalog here:

http://www.cz-usa.com/product_detail.php?id=39

I have been searching this forum alot lately trying to come up with ideas for a 9mm steel gun that I would like.

A comped Glock 17 with a red-dot of some kind is the way I am going to go.Deciding on what dot to use is the only draw back for me at the moment.

Jerry Barnhardt tried this in about 1999 at the open nat's & got his ass handed to him. Way slower on steel than a dot.

I think he was still 4th overall when he did that in 2000. He probably could have won if he used a dot of any kind.

Edited by BBoyle

Hello: Thanks for all the replies. What I have is a 9mm comped barrel and a STI slide that I thought I could make into something fun. I would shoot WWB and minor loads. The reason for not using a dot is to get more practice with iron sights. Thanks, Eric