Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

BC results 08

GrantJ

there is a close race for 2nd in the women's division by the the youngest shooter and some seasoned veterans.

Vera is in first by 30 pts and has to shoot the mover

Mauisdaughter is in 4th only down by 4 pts from 2nd. has shot the mover and only the practical to go.

Deborah Travis in second place has to shoot the mover as well. Ruth Conn is in 3rd. 3 pt out of second.

the overall match leader is Carl B. by one X over Doug K. & 2 X's by Bruce. all three shoot the mover this afternoon.

Good Luck to all.

Edited by ffl

Nobody cleaned it this year!

1. Doug won it with 1918-???x

2. Bruce with 1918-???x

3. Carl Bernosky with 1918-???x

Vera Koo won ladies.

More to follow.

Edited by mpolans

Holy crap! No clean scores? How has it been since that's happened?

Congrats to the winners and everyone who attended. Great match shot be even better people. I really miss that I've missed the last two.

carl was in lead, shot mover and hit an 8.

later Doug shot and on the 25 yd line shot and 8

right after him Bruce shot and on the 47th shot of the match he hit an 8.

x count gave the match to Doug.

in Metalic

Robert Vadaz was ahead of Jerry and dropped 3 8's to tie with Jerry. Had to wait for x count and Robert won by 1x

GReat Match.

Not sure if the weather had a huge factor in it or not but it has been raining here in Kansas City all day long. Columbia isn't far East of here so there is a good chance the rain messed with some of the shooters.

Joe W.

Nobody cleaned it this year!

1. Doug won it with 1918-???x

2. Bruce with 1918-???x

3. Carl Bernosky with 1918-???x

Vera Koo won ladies.

More to follow.

4. Kevin Angstadt with a 1918....and 8 closest to the ten ring! :surprise:

The TEAM from Virginia was Highest scoring USA Team and second overall and 1st Civilian Team. Yep, Kevin pulled the wagon on that one too. Way to go Kevin..... and congrats to all the Virginians and the MARINES also from VA.

An award was given to me for .... Dedication and Support of NRA Action Shooting. This award although presented to one, really belongs to many people. It is received on behalf of all past and present Match Directors and on the efforts of many, many others who have supported AP Matches or AP athletes. The list is long and could never be inclusive. Names such as Herman Sage, Kevin Angstadt, Alan Strawn, and the Clubs of Hinton, WV; Bedford and Bluefield, VA only scratches the surface in Virginia only. Without the support of George Martin, Marty & Gary Curfmann and the Chambersburg, PA Club it would have never been possible to get some of the new candidates wet behind the ears. Certainly the Clubs and people from other areas are just as deserving and should also be included.

My plan is to have even more shooters to the Cup than we did this year from VA. It would be terrific if one or more States can even top that count! Goal for Virginia in 2009 is 25! BTW, the closest NRA AP matches to NRA HQ is about 100 miles, with next closest at 180, 230 then 275 miles all one way.

The 2008 competitors had a special treat with John Bianchi present and NRA President John Sigler also present.

Martin :cheers:

Edited by Allgoodhits

What a week! I couldn't believe how fast it went.

When I first started going in 2000 my goal was to make the speed event. It wasn't too realistic at the time but hey, a goal is a goal. I finally made it in '06. Since then my goal has been a 1920 plaque. I didn't care what the x count was. As far as I was concerned a score of 1920- 48x was fine with me. Little did I realize how close I would get to reaching that goal and more.

I shot the Practical Wed. morning. I did get the time to shoot one at the practice range with 44 x's just prior to that. I tried something different this year. When shooting prone the gun was on the ground and not the mat. For some reason I would always get more feedback from the gun when shooting off the mats in Missouri. I wound up shooting a 480- 35x. The x count wasn't as strong as I have been shooting but it was still clean.

Thurs. morning it was the Mover before 9 and the plates at ten. That meant each event had to be shot cold. No time for a trip to the P range. I've had the chance to shoot a Mover at the P range prior to the real thing and it always seemed like a good mover wasted. The Mover for me is either good or bad. I don't clean it very often and I can trash it very easily. I seem to have a problem maintaining my concentration for 48 rounds. Let's face it. The Mover is everyone's problem event. In the match, I managed to clean the 10 and 15 yard runs. The 20 yard line normally gives me trouble and boy did it ever. I was on the last pass when the dot suddenly started going wild. I fired a shot and the dot was dancing all over the target. I took my time getting it to settle and fired again. I was just about to fire again when I saw the dot go high right in the 5 zone. This is where I thought the shot broke. I went back to 25 yards and managed to put it back together. When I got to see the targets the shots were all inside the 10 ring except for one and it was so close I thought it would be scored as a ten. I don't know how that shot got there. I was expecting a nice high 5. I must have blinked.

I waited to sign my score sheet from the Mover until the plates were shot. The Plates went well. I got a little shaky at 15 but held it together. I had a few times where the dot would move of off my aiming spot and I would get my finger away from the trigger and start again. Knocked down all 48.

I went to the stat shack to sign for my Mover score. They had me scored with an 8. I thought the shot was close enough to be a 10 so I challenged it. The referee came in and I lost my challenge. He told me that he plugged it with a 9mm plug and it wouldn't touch the line. He tried a 40 cal plug and it touched. I missed a 10 by .045"!

Fri morning I had the Barricade at 8:30. I was poised to shoot a 1916 2 years ago and had the barricade to go. I kept telling myself all I had to do was shoot 48 tens. I got myself so tore up I hit the barricade with the muzzle a few times and shot an 8. I finished the match with a 1914. I told myself that I would never let it get to me like that again. This time I told myself that I wanted 48 x's. I let muscle memory and my technique take over and wound up shooting 48 x's. I couldn't believe it. The shots didn't come close to the ten ring.

There were 5 of us that shot 48 x's on the Barricade so we had a shootoff Sat morning at 7:30. One shooter didn't show up in time so that left Bruce Piatt, myself and 2 Australians. The shootoff is done by shooting only at 35 yards and the time limit is decreased by one second to 7 seconds. When we were finished Bruce and I were still tied. We shot it in 6 sec and tied again. We shot it in 5 sec and tied again. We shot it in 4 sec and Bruce got me. I had a blast! I have never shot the barricade any faster that 8 sec at 35 and was surprised at how fast I could do it.

My final score was a 1918- 167x. I tied my highest score in a registered match and came within .045" from my goal. Little did I realize or believe that I was .045" from the ultimate goal of the Cup. Oh well, I know what I need to work on.

I learned a lot last week and managed to put all of it together. It just goes to show that determination will get you where you want to go. I had a great time and for once it was all about the shooting.

I know what kevin means by getting the shakes on the Mover. I was shaking worse than a pedophile at a wiggles concert, and I had already dropped a plate, so I knew that my match was done. In my opinion, I don't suffer from " Match Pressure"

and I regularly perform mental exercises as described in Brians book to be certain of that, but for some reason, 192 tens are very hard to get when you are in MO, or anywhere else for that matter.

Well done Kevin. You should be proud to be in the equal top 4. :cheers:

Well done Kevin. You should be proud to be in the equal top 4.

+1. You are close Kevin. I am sure if you work on your mental game (looks like you have already started) you will be the champion. B)

• 2 weeks later...
There were 5 of us that shot 48 x's on the Barricade so we had a shootoff Sat morning at 7:30. One shooter didn't show up in time so that left Bruce Piatt, myself and 2 Australians. The shootoff is done by shooting only at 35 yards and the time limit is decreased by one second to 7 seconds. When we were finished Bruce and I were still tied. We shot it in 6 sec and tied again. We shot it in 5 sec and tied again. We shot it in 4 sec and Bruce got me. I had a blast! I have never shot the barricade any faster that 8 sec at 35 and was surprised at how fast I could do it.

I was won of the Aussie to go in the shoot off it was a buzz but I got 4th, ti was my fisrt barricade shoot off with a 48x, I had done one other shoot of for a 47x at one of the Australian Nationals.

The shoot was a buzz and a big learning curve for me as it was my very first Cup. I hope to be back next year and I hope to shoot a lot better.

Grant,

Great job, thanks for all you do for the NRA, me & this sport!

We have posted the "Official Results on the NRA Web here is the link:

http://www.nrahq.org/compete/natpdf/Bianchi_08_Final.pdf

We am currently putting together the 2008 Official Results Bulletin, every Competitor will be mailed one when they are completed and printed.

Thanks to all of you that have competed, attended and have put time and effort in help make this the most prestigous Pistol Championship in the World!

We are looking forward to 2009 and all that it may bring.

Tom...

Hi all

Interim results will be posted daily on the Green Valley web site, Enjoy

GrantJ

• 3 weeks later...

Wow! Two years in a row and the BC results bulletin is shipped out within about a month! I seem recall in years prior to that it was late summer/fall before we got the RESULTS booklet. I did find one error under Ambi Plates - Metallic. I was 3rd, I think Doug C was 4th. We each had 430-43X.

I am pleased to let you all know that Aaron Roth, USMC who shot BC for the first time. Aaron was part of WTbn at Quantico, but not part of the regular USMC Pistol Team. At BC, he was one of three Marines who shot as a Team. In part, as a result of his Bianchi performance, Aaron is now an official member of the USMC Pistol Team, and is hoping to go the New Zealand in the fall. If Aaron sticks with BC, you will see that name at the top.

I introduced Aaron to BC in January. He has been shooting a Beretta or a 1911 in 45. It was not until Tuesday at the Cup, that I advised him that he should shoot one of my open guns. I hooked him up with a gun and 1,000 rds of ammo. Carl, Jay, Bruce, Jon, David from Secure Firearms and maybe some others hooked him up with holster, mags, belt etc. So with less than 800 rds total of practice and a few hours before his first match and he shot a 1872 with a 476 Mover. You will see his name in the future at BC! Heck maybe even at Camp Perry! Good job Aaron!

Good job Tom, Brian & NRA people. :cheers:

Edited by Allgoodhits