Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Online, reputable, component dealers?

kimel

In another thread folks are making references to less than stellar powder dealers as well as more stand-up reputable folks.

So, who/where is a reputable powder dealer?  Online preferred.  Can one even buy powder and primers online without ATF licenses?

I have been buying all my Titegroup and primers at Walmart but they are raising prices as of late.  TG went up around a $1/lb at the first of the year and primers just jumped almost $2/M when they stopped giving one price per M brick and just went 10x the per/100 price. :(

Nearest other retailer with any stock at all is over 50 miles away.  Ack.

Cheers!

Kevin

Kevin,

I get all my primers from a seller called Miwall. They advertise in Shotgun News for ammo but they also sell primers and powder and bullets. They are at the local gun shows in SoCal so I miss out on the shipping charges

http://www.miwall.com

They are dirt cheap!  I have yet to find anyone cheaper.

Good luck

Zowie that was fast!

I guess I never noticed reloading components on Chuck's site.  I have gotten several things from him and he is a great guy.

I will check out the others as well.

Ah...Shotgun news.  Haven't read through one of those in years.  Guess I should do that again.

Thanks guys!

BTW...this might be a good item for the Technical Thread FAQ...just a thought.

Cheers!

Kevin

A second vote for Miwall.  Super nice people and incredible prices.  They've even sold to me at wholesale when I bought 20K of primers.

Another good place to deal with is Larry's Sporting Goods in Nampa, ID.

http://www.larryssg.com

I've bought kegs of powder from them on a couple of occasions and had nothing but good dealings.

you didnt say which calibers your loading for so I'll go out on a limb and highly reccommend jeff at gibrass.I work up loads using surplus powder.It is $20 for the hazmat charges but most powders he carries are around $55 per 8 pound container.so I got 8 pounds of wc820(h110) delivered for $80.slightly faster than h110,closer to aa 2400 actually, but it cut my powder cost in half,with very good velocity and performance.

primers are cheap and the hazmat fee makes them silly to order online unless buying powder,and shipping 8 pounds of powder with 1000 primers is not the smartest idea lol.

(jim carrie in pet detective)

now if we could only find a deal on bullets!

(Edited by 1badmagnum at 5:41 am on Jan. 20, 2003)

I can not say enough good things about either Chuck Bradley at the Shooter's Connection, or Jack Norris at Practical Shooting Supplies. I buy from both of them, as they both support the sport and the matches. Chuck is a little more convenient for me, because he is a two hour drive, while Jack is usually a trip to a big match.

I do want to give everyone a head's up on Chuck though.... I just bought a bunch of Zero bullets, Winchester primers, and VV powder, so I drove down to pick it up to save the Hazmat and shipping (plus it is always great to BS with Chuck). Anyway, Chuck is considering no longer stocking anything that requires Hazmat. I bought nearly all of his primer inventory, and he was drop shipping my powder. He commented that it is getting prohibitive to deal with all the Hazmat stuff (our Government at work again).

Really too bad, and I wonder how many more of our vendors will get stuck in this situation.

I know that all my local reloading vendors blame the hazmat stuff for the reason they stopped carrying powder and primers.  However, all but one of these still carries black powder, pyrodex, etc.

I guess that stuff isn't as hazardous as primers and smokeless powder.  Weird.

Cheers!

Kevin