Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Advice I wish I had.. tumblers

As I do my third load of brass today, I have to ask myself.. why did I buy the SMALL tumbler and separator?

You can always load the large one with less brass, but I can't cram 10lbs of 9mm into my small tumbler.

Unless your space is clearly restricted to the small vibrator and bin -- plan ahead, Go Large.

Advice from one nube to another. :)

Thumlers Tumblers

The only way to polish your brass.

The large unit is not cheap, but McMaster-Carr seems to have the best price.

This machine is GREAT

I had two small Dillons and one large. I stil lhave the large media seperator. I use the tub, but actually dump the tumbler into a kitty litter seperator first, gets rid of 95% of the media, then I put it into the Dillon seperator.

There is a guy in NC selling media. I don't know wht he did to it, but it is fantasic as well. He also sells a small bottle of a white powder you mix into your media. This stuff really shines up the brass. I think his company name is Chapion Brass or something similar.

Jim

I've used the Midway brand vibrating tumblers (I've got 2 in case I have to send one back for repair) for years without very few problems. I also use corncob media with New Finish car polish to treat it with. You can use about any kind of liquid polish as long as it doesn't have any ammonia in it.

Larry

• 1 month later...

I just ordered the CV-2001 the other day still waiting for it to come probably the end of the week. I got 50 bmg brass to clean as well and read to get it. I may by another one later on. Whats everyones favorite media? How much media you put in the big dillon tumbler? How much dillon polish you add? If you use NU car finish how much you add?

Edited by bravo2

There are two distinct kinds of cooks. One who goes TO THE LETTER by the recipe and the other who pours and shakes till it just gets "right."

Pour some media in and about a quarter bottle of polish and replace when needed. (guess which kinda cook I am..?)

Welcome to the Forums!

I got a Lymann Turbo tumbler in a trade when I bought out some reloading gear from a guy who no longer wanted to load back in the early 80s and it's still doing fine. But since aquiring a Dillon 550 this past Christmas and shooting a LOT more since then I'm in need of a bigger tumbler. I'm leaning toward getting a Thumler. Yes, bigger is better.

I use corn cob media and just a cap full of Nu-Finish to a batch and the brass looks great!

Ken